sofla free agency thread

It really doesnt make much sense though. Dillard offense is kind of humming and can throw it a bit as well. Dillard has fielded a really gppd team the last 2 years...dear i say they are kind of back.
Yea they are back. Wasn’t this kid the starter at qb? Maybe he didn’t have much confidence in himself at qb of he’s going to play WR. I know Dillard is stacked at WR.

Advertisement
Yea they are back. Wasn’t this kid the starter at qb? Maybe he didn’t have much confidence in himself at qb of he’s going to play WR. I know Dillard is stacked at WR.
Might be more like it...but a kid like that would usually get on and go to a Plantation, or even Cardinal Gibbons. STA is loaded at wr, and Dillard has some guys...sh*t Stranahan might of been something...Western is one of the weirdest transfers for a Dillard kid.

It's not as weird a transfer as it used to be IMO. You mentioned the 7 on 7 connection. You have way more black coaches and black players out there. Overall, it's much more diverse than when I went there. It is still a bit confusing, but overall, I get it more now than I would have a decade ago.

They seem to do this ever 5-6 years. I thinkt his may be covid related though not sure

This is how American Heritage became good. Literally ALL of U Schools team transferred there...creating the start of their program being on a run.
I saw on the FHSAA website that they're looking for assistants, so they must plan on having a season in the fall. But it's gonna be a shell of what the team used to be from what I see in this thread.

I saw on the FHSAA website that they're looking for assistants, so they must plan on having a season in the fall. But it's gonna be a shell of what the team used to be from what I see in this thread.
They lost just about every one worth a **** including young talent. There coach is a cool dude.
Western demogrpahic has not changeD school wise...maybe a few more hispanic...any black kid there is just playing football. Them and Cooper City have been the same since i was in high school....Folks arent leaving that area and their housing prices remain high.

Let them dont recruit kids for a year and they would be lucky to win 3 games.(well they are in one of the softest districts down here)

Advertisement
They lost just about every one worth a **** including young talent. There coach is a cool dude.
Western demogrpahic has not changeD school wise...maybe a few more hispanic...any black kid there is just playing football. Them and Cooper City have been the same since i was in high school....Folks arent leaving that area and their housing prices remain high.

Let them dont recruit kids for a year and they would be lucky to win 3 games.(well they are in one of the softest districts down here)
Eh, I don't totally agree. Before Rack got there and they started recruiting, they were competitive, definitely not elite. Even when I was there, we were winning 5-6 games a year just about, 1 & out in the playoffs was our ceiling.

As far as demographics, they've definitely changed, a lot in fact. When I was there, it was at least 75% white. I just looked up the most recent numbers, and it's closer to 40% white now, & 48% hispanic. The black population hasn't increased nearly as much, so you're right that most are there for football. I subbed there once a few years ago and could just tell by looking at students walking around that it was different.

Might be more like it...but a kid like that would usually get on and go to a Plantation, or even Cardinal Gibbons. STA is loaded at wr, and Dillard has some guys...sh*t Stranahan might of been something...Western is one of the weirdest transfers for a Dillard kid.
I agree

Eh, I don't totally agree. Before Rack got there and they started recruiting, they were competitive, definitely not elite. Even when I was there, we were winning 5-6 games a year just about, 1 & out in the playoffs was our ceiling.

As far as demographics, they've definitely changed, a lot in fact. When I was there, it was at least 75% white. I just looked up the most recent numbers, and it's closer to 40% white now, & 48% hispanic. The black population hasn't increased nearly as much, so you're right that most are there for football. I subbed there once a few years ago and could just tell by looking at students walking around that it was different.
Rack was an assistant at my high school when I was there. He was fresh out of school, just a few years older than the players at the time. He’s a good dude. But you’re right, the demographics at Western changed a lot. It’s now considered the “lesser school” and most of the uppity parents try to send their kids to Cypress Bay. They’re also the school zoned for all the trailer parks out there so just because it’s west Broward, doesn’t necessarily mean that everyone there has money. The money kids go to Cypress and they don’t allow “recruiting” there. At Western, it’s been the Wild West for recruiting for a few years now.

Advertisement

No disrespect but other than that north west broward corridor , western has always been in the worst easiest district talent wise. Winning 5 games ain't actually competing in my mind..winning against cooper, Flanagan, west broward, cypress bay Everglades etc.
Now the last few years they have taken down some big dogs with their teams.

The Hispanics have invaded that area though...check cypress bay. But these aren't Cubans, Puerto ricans, etc..these are central Americans I believe.

They are now taking more than losing though. Just got a DT from Creek. New coach has alot of support.
New coach was a recruiter type at chaminade.

Hes a dillard alumni though.

They get poached still but I think they will be alright the next 2-3years so dare I say they are Back. They got like some crazy incoming freshman talent..since Dillard is actually a middle school to. Kids that were practicing with varsity..I think there are like two 6'3 kids and a 6'2 kid they are skill guys too as incoming freshman next year.

If dillard really keeps their in home talent they are the broward public school that would smack around teams and other than miramar be a public school that st thomas doesnt take lightly

They get poached still but I think they will be alright the next 2-3years so dare I say they are Back. They got like some crazy incoming freshman talent..since Dillard is actually a middle school to. Kids that were practicing with varsity..I think there are like two 6'3 kids and a 6'2 kid they are skill guys too as incoming freshman next year.

If dillard really keeps their in home talent they are the broward public school that would smack around teams and other than miramar be a public school that st thomas doesnt take lightly
Oh I know him personally. They are going to join Deerfield in terms of public schools putting kids into college.

Being a 6-12 school is a giant advantage and he will load it up.

Advertisement

A lot of Venezuela at CBHS/Weston now.

They’re always balling in soccer

No disrespect but other than that north west broward corridor , western has always been in the worst easiest district talent wise. Winning 5 games ain't actually competing in my mind..winning against cooper, Flanagan, west broward, cypress bay Everglades etc.
Now the last few years they have taken down some big dogs with their teams.

The Hispanics have invaded that area though...check cypress bay. But these aren't Cubans, Puerto ricans, etc..these are central Americans I believe.
When I was at Western with HC Rashad West we won 7 games a year and didn't recruit. (actually we lost kids instead)

At that time our district was probably the most difficult in 8A Florida.
Cypress Bay (competed for state title)
Flanagan (state title)
Miramar (state title)
Those were our only 3 losses. Everybody else we dog walked.

Their district is trash NOW but that wasn't always the case. But back in my days at Western, we were playing with mainly OUR KIDS. (Dowels and Moreau were Sunrise kids, but everybody else was Davie)

You can't really say that they'd suck if they HAD to play with Davie kids. Matter of fact, one could argue that THEY'D BE BETTER if all the Davie kids stayed there.
Kevin Austin, Elijah Moore, Buckshot Calvert, James White, Brandon Linder, Giovanni Bernard, Tyler Carmona...there's a longgg surprising list of talented West Davie kids that played at other high schools. Western has been getting poached for a long time.

One thing they almost always have is QB talent and OL. I don't think they'll ever be able to consistently field good skill talent, although right now they're pretty good due to recruiting.

Advertisement
Been saying AH

Kid was recruited more than most kids going into college will experience lol.

but he’s solid, he would’ve stayed at U school the whole time, he’s not one of these program jumping divas

Advertisement
Back