sofla free agency thread

STA, U School and Heritage are not cheap schools (especially AH and U, like 40k a year). How are families in Lauderhill or Lauderdale Lakes or Pompano pulling this off? Are they really giving kids full rides? If so, what makes them leave a place like U School? Are we really that ratchet that we're giving bags on top of full rides to 15 year olds? Insanity. These jits learn to chase a bag early. Good on em.

maybe im wrong, but no one is giving a bag to 14-18 year olds to attend HS. Better education and usually better football than the districted public school is all they need.

Advertisement
I am sure there are some marginal improvements in collegiate communication and program dedication specifically to football, compared to Heritage's dedication to excellence in all athletics, but STA can't offer too much more than Heritage. The education is worse so it's not that. STA has 7 state titles in the last 11 years compared to Heritage's 3 in the last 5....marginal difference but I'm sure the family was sold on a certain angle. Maybe more national games? Maybe transfer now because Little, Jones Jr and Spells are leaving soon? I see he is also a wrestler too...will be an interesting prospect to monitor.

For an undersized prospect like Vadala, I can see why STA would add extra security in ensuring he gets every possible offer he can. Announced one from Maryland post-transfer. Additionally, who knows if college coaches will be able to attend spring practices and to what extent they will be able to attend said practices.

Should be of note that STA did beat Heritage 33-23 last year...can't beat em...join em

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruining football down here. If they are going to continue to do this they might as well form a “Blue” squad and a “Gold” squad so there’s competition down here
Wouldn't go this far because they're still losing games. In the last 5 years, they've lost to Booker T, Miramar, Central, Gibbons...as long as those teams and the Deerfield Beaches can compete with them - keep the game within one or two scores - it's cool with me. They smacked Dematha but lost a close one against Bishop Gorman. Had trouble with Venice and Lakeland in the playoffs. They are unquestionably a top 5 program in the country but they're still beatable. If STA is Alabama without a Saban, Heritage is UGA. Although they're in competition, it's levels to this ****.

If you can't keep a kid at American Heritage after winning states, it's clear that this is more than just a private vs public school thing. For both the athlete and parents, how they feel when going to sleep on those fall Fridays is paramount to everything else

One of the best young linebackers in the county. Small but active and nose for the ball. Rich getting rich. Most of the programs are jv for sta...they are pulling kids from Chaminade and American Heritage who are powerhouses lol

I don't understand this move.
Back in our day kids transferred from sorry a$$ teams to good schools, for better opporunities to win, etc etc etc.

I'm starting to wonder if these kids are just transferring these days to blow up Twitter. To give people something to talk about. For attention.
Some of these moves make no sense.

Kids are transferring from state title teams.
Make it make sense.

Back in our day kids transferred from sorry a$$ teams to good schools, for better opporunities to win, etc etc etc.

I'm starting to wonder if these kids are just transferring these days to blow up Twitter. To give people something to talk about. For attention.

Make it make sense.
100000% for attention. Dopamine drip party of 1. lol

Advertisement

Make it make sense.
When these HS kids started posting respect my decision notes on social media for their transfers it was only going to get worse from there

Advertisement

One of the best young linebackers in the county. Small but active and nose for the ball. Rich getting rich. Most of the programs are jv for sta...they are pulling kids from Chaminade and American Heritage who are powerhouses lol

Kid is a stud, in that AH vs STA game he was all over the field. In a game loaded with ballers, he definitely stood out.

This kid just transferred to STA. I know the competition in the video isn't all that great, but the kid is 6'6" and 280 and a bully. He stuffs kids into lockers for fun.

This kid just transferred to STA. I know the competition in the video isn't all that great, but the kid is 6'6" and 280 and a bully. He stuffs kids into lockers for fun.

There are some good tackles in south Florida. Armella and the kid from norland and then following this kids development against better competition should be interesting.

Yeah WA plays against small schools with 200 pound lineman. Was a smart move for him to transfer to STA and let’s see how he goes against legit D1 kids in practice everyday

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back