sofla free agency thread

West Hollywood Optomist used to play on fields on the north side of the airport. I played LL baseball there for 3 years even though they were our rivals. Things sure have changed since I was roaming those fields.
Thats where PPO plays.

The crazy thing is West Hollywood when i grow up is over there towards Dania Beach. They play off of Sheridan by the Oakwood Plaza.

Advertisement
Thats where PPO plays.

The crazy thing is West Hollywood when i grow up is over there towards Dania Beach. They play off of Sheridan by the Oakwood Plaza.
No kidding. Is that east of 95 on Sheridan? Is so, when I was growing up that was an empty field. Our old field was off Johnson Street about a mile or 2 from University.

Advertisement
No kidding. Is that east of 95 on Sheridan? Is so, when I was growing up that was an empty field. Our old field was off Johnson Street about a mile or 2 from University.
Yeah it’s Sheridan and 24th I think. Just west of Dixie highway. Hollywood Wildcats football and soccer. The field on Johnson that’s just east of University is Fletcher park. It’s girl’s softball league.

Yeah it’s Sheridan and 24th I think. Just west of Dixie highway. Hollywood Wildcats football and soccer. The field on Johnson that’s just east of University is Fletcher park. It’s girl’s softball league.
Hollywood PAL. I believe they were called Northeast Eagles back in the early 2000's. Not sure if that's still the case.

Advertisement
So...
Does Fleming to American Heritage effect Brandon Innis decision?

could go either way but an offense with those RB’s and those 2 at WR would be nuts

Hope they have a QB who can get them the ball

did i see this is Fleming’s 3rd school in 3 years?

Last edited:
That’s where I thought it was. Used to be an empty field for years with dirt bike trails. A cousin of mine used ride there frequently. I bought my first house in the 2400 block of Thomas St in 1979 - 2 streets south of Sheridan. IIRC, there were LL baseball fields at about 20th and Sheridan on the south side back then.

If I’m not mistaken, it was Fletcher Park when I played for PPO. Been almost 50 years since those days.

Hollywood PAL. I believe they were called Northeast Eagles back in the early 2000's. Not sure if that's still the case.
Yeah the soccer club is the Wildcats. I’m not really sure if they play football there anymore. I used to live off McKinley near that park but I moved further south and don’t drive past the park very often anymore.

That’s where I thought it was. Used to be an empty field for years with dirt bike trails. A cousin of mine used ride there frequently. I bought my first house in the 2400 block of Thomas St in 1979 - 2 streets south of Sheridan. IIRC, there were LL baseball fields at about 20th and Sheridan on the south side back then.

If I’m not mistaken, it was Fletcher Park when I played for PPO. Been almost 50 years since those days.
They still have soccer and possibly football at the park on Sheridan but they built some baseball diamonds on Taft just west of I 95. Across from the ymca.

Advertisement
So...
Does Fleming to American Heritage effect Brandon Innis decision?
Innis is a grown man. Innis will have every offer he could want regardless of where he goes to high school. Why go to AH or STA where he would have to split touches with a lot of other good receivers? He should go to Western and catch passes from Collin Hurst and set Broward County records.

Advertisement
Our districts have BEEN soft for years.
That's why we schedule so many tough out-of-district games. It's the only way for us to have a respectable schedule and prepare our kids for the playoffs.
Not a knock on you all. It just looks like y’all will dominate from the teams listed. I mean it’s not like y’all aren’t one of the best run programs. Still a premier program.

Advertisement
Back