sofla free agency thread

Anyone in the know, what happened to the Palm Beach schools?

Dwyer used to be elite, now I barely hear about them. Glades Central used to have ridiculous players, now they don't really bust a grape. Even Palm Beach Gardens & Central were nice. ****, what about Santaluces, Suncoast, Lake Worth?

The only school I halfway hear about now is Atlantic.

Advertisement

Dwyer used to be elite, now I barely hear about them. Glades Central used to have ridiculous players, now they don't really bust a grape. Even Palm Beach Gardens & Central were nice. ****, what about Santaluces, Suncoast, Lake Worth?

Atlantic is still a real deal tough out.

The talent in the muck (pahokee & glades central) are moving out. There aint much employment out there.

Palm Beach talent seems much more spread out now than before.

Yeah Palm Beach football has become straight dookie.
Not only are the teams mediocre but they're not producing talent in the 561 either. You look at the NFL draft and it's mostly Broward, Dade and Tampa area. There's a SEVERE drop-off when you drive North of Deerfield.

The same way Broward kids an't built like Dade kids, Palm Beach kids ain't built like Broward kids.

Lol they got like 2 other db transfers that arent highly touted recruits now but starters at their previous school.

There honestly some nfl teams that dont have the size of their secondary.

Can't get to the big show without OL, DL and QB though. I hope they're doing something to address those issues...cause I heard they're trash in that area.

Can't get to the big show without OL, DL and QB though. I hope they're doing something to address those issues...cause I heard they're trash in that area.
They havent.
They got a qb transfer that was EVerglades and Dade Christian b4 a small qb. They lost one of their better young DL talent to MNW. That being said their Defense will likely be one of if not the best in broward still with all the athletes they have acquired.

Advertisement
Yeah Palm Beach football has become straight dookie.
Not only are the teams mediocre but they're not producing talent in the 561 either. You look at the NFL draft and it's mostly Broward, Dade and Tampa area. There's a SEVERE drop-off when you drive North of Deerfield.

The same way Broward kids an't built like Dade kids, Palm Beach kids ain't built like Broward kids.
Aren’t some of the 561 kids transferring south too some Broward schools as well?

jack Daniels leaving Dwyer killed that program.

Glades central was actually pretty good this year at 5-1 but they just aren’t pumping out top recruits like they used to

Advertisement

Coach Jackson actually has done a very good job with Glades Central on the field...

The problem with GC is their players have some of the worst grades in the county, it’s like their **** transcripts just have a shrug 🤷🏾‍♂️ & a caption that reads: “WTF you want? Ain’t no **** grades here bruh”. So as a result all their best players end up having to go to JUCO instead of directly to P5’s. Kids like Brian George, Jymetre Hester & James Davis were all P5 talents who had to go JUCO coming out of GC.

They have good talent, many of them just aren’t qualified & I don’t blame the kids because the school administrators are not doing their job to get these kids properly situated with tutors & getting their academics in order, they leave them to fend for themselves & give them no guidance at all.

Plus a lot of the Muck kids are transferring to other schools, there’s Muck kids that play at STA for God’s sake, PBC got a good amount of them too, they’re basically the premier school in Palm Beach, the Benjamin school & Atlantic are two good PB schools as well, but a lot of those kids from there are being moved around & playing at other schools.

**** even at MNW we have a RB D’Shawn Trowers who’s a Palm Beach kid that transferred to Hialeah & then MNW.

But one thing Palm Beach still produces plenty of is DB’s. Even AH Delray Beach had a D1 Corner last year & Atlantic had 3 last year & will have Marquis Lymon this year too.

Advertisement

Yea he just "transferred" to Mnw a few weeks ago i kinda figured he would be back to Hallandale.
He can play...and is a funny kid ( i coached him). He played youth ball with the ForeignBoyz Group out of Miami Gardens. That team had Kevin Knowles,Alfonzo Allen, Brian Dilworth(Chaminade-Auburn), Jay Celestine (Just transferred to Palmetto from MNW) and a bunch of other Div 1 level talent. Alot of them are at Hallandale now.

Hallandale might be the sleeping giant in Broward. Not many of the Broward public schools are going big on transfers outside a few already mentioned and Plantation who will grab any kid who can play off South Plantation and Piper’s roster. They could probably clean up in Hollywood since South Broward only seems to care about football once in a while.

Advertisement
Hallandale High always seems to have some talent with some years having more talent than others. There are football players in Hallandale and Dania. Chaminade coach Jones used to be the Hallandale coach and they were pretty good while he was there.

Hallandale might be the sleeping giant in Broward. Not many of the Broward public schools are going big on transfers outside a few already mentioned and Plantation who will grab any kid who can play off South Plantation and Piper’s roster. They could probably clean up in Hollywood since South Broward only seems to care about football once in a while.
Its a bunch of kids that played at Mcarthur at Hallandale. South Broward consistently gets raided. But in Hollywood at any given time one of Hallandale or Mcarthur will be in a talent stronghold and make runs...we sort of had it with the mcarthur team in 2019. The issue is ...one move/coach decision and the players haul *** all kind of different ways /schools.

Mcarthur is the real sleeping giant though honestly more so than Hallandale.

Mcarthur is right down the street from PPO (pembroke pines optomist) probably one of if not the best youth football program in south florida, in the neighbor hood of Washington Park Buccaneers(another formidable youth program) and close enough to Miramar. Also the school is located next to the turnpike entrance.

Alot of the actual home school talent for MCA leaves and plays elsewhere...also add to Private school powerhouse of Chaminade using MCA like how we used them in the early 2000s when I played as our farm system.Countless players of there's over the years were MCA transfers or slotted to go to MCA as a home school. They literally took like 5 or 6 underclassmen future div 1 players a year ago.

That kid is electric if y’all use him right could be interesting quick movement makes people miss bad
Celestine, Mike Jackson & Bob Golden as pass catchers & Marlon Hanna and Isaiah Mosley running the ball? Palmetto's offense just got a whole lot faster, the 2021 spread offense is gonna be unstoppable

Advertisement
Back