sofla free agency thread

Maybe i should coach there..... bring some relevancy back to the community.

giphy.gif
lol great idea

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is what you deal with in south florida.
Crying about offers for a 9th grader.

Yea it’s crazy. He’s just looking out for his players. I mean the kid is attending Western. We don’t know what they told him they can do for his recruitment. In order to keep those kids there they have to get the offers flowing... I still can’t believe kids go to Western for sports. That’s like waking up one morning and Nova becomes a county powerhouse.

Yea it’s crazy. He’s just looking out for his players. I mean the kid is attending Western. We don’t know what they told him they can do for his recruitment. In order to keep those kids there they have to get the offers flowing... I still can’t believe kids go to Western for sports. That’s like waking up one morning and Nova becomes a county powerhouse.
I get the looking out for players part. But..........he is a 9th grader. The "private school" kids with offers are kids from St Thomas, U school, Pace...all places where they have connections. Remember they arennt recruiting on campuses.

Yep kids are getting recruited to Western through the 7 on 7 teams (these kids play on 7 on7 teams together with some western staff members) and that particular coach.

Not sure how long it wil be sustainable but the last 3 years or so they have been getting them in. Looks like Coach Chris(ft lauderdale hurricanes) maybe headed to Hallandale so it may slow up soon.

There's only so many places kids can go for football. Their biggest D1 prospect was at Stranahan prior to Western. That's a no-brainer move. Western is way better than Stranahan. Their other best player, Colin Hurst is a Davie kid, he belongs there. The DB Websley is a Davie or Piper kid. (I think Davie) Their DB/WR who's committed to UAB is a Stranahan kid too, I believe.

If your kid can't play at one of the premier private schools in Broward (which most can't) then where else would you send your kid? It's only Western, Dillard and Deerfield that are any good.

Western has been good the last few years. They throw the pi$$ out of the ball and have one of the best young QB's in South Florida, so it's actually an attractive option. I'm telling yall, don't be surprised if Brandon Innis ends up there.

Advertisement
There's only so many places kids can go for football. Their biggest D1 prospect was at Stranahan prior to Western. That's a no-brainer move. Western is way better than Stranahan. Their other best player, Colin Hurst is a Davie kid, he belongs there. The DB Websley is a Davie or Piper kid. (I think Davie) Their DB/WR who's committed to UAB is a Stranahan kid too, I believe.

If your kid can't play at one of the premier private schools in Broward (which most can't) then where else would you send your kid? It's only Western, Dillard and Deerfield that are any good.

Western has been good the last few years. They throw the pi$$ out of the ball and have one of the best young QB's in South Florida, so it's actually an attractive option. I'm telling yall, don't be surprised if Brandon Innis ends up there.
Your forgetting Miramar. But Miramar doesnt recruit much Broward kids unless they are from the area. Miramar/Pembroke/Hollywood the furthest away. Kids from Davie..Lauderdale ..plantation arent going to Miramar.

Harden apparently is turning around Stranahan. Supposedly the best young wr in the county is at Stranahan, i also know of a young rb that is a stud they got as a 9th grader, they had JulianLewis the wr your speaking of that transferred to Western to.

The strange thing though is they have the opposite of what they use to have...now they dont have OLINEMAN at western lol.

Your forgetting Miramar. But Miramar doesnt recruit much Broward kids unless they are from the area. Miramar/Pembroke/Hollywood the furthest away. Kids from Davie..Lauderdale ..plantation arent going to Miramar.

Harden apparently is turning around Stranahan. Supposedly the best young wr in the county is at Stranahan, i also know of a young rb that is a stud they got as a 9th grader, they had JulianLewis the wr your speaking of that transferred to Western to.

The strange thing though is they have the opposite of what they use to have...now they dont have OLINEMAN at western lol.

They have a few kids but they gotta put it together on the field though. (Stranahan)

You're right about Western not having OL like they used to. That's funny.

One thing they have had lately though is good Quarterback play. Every year they have somebody who slings it around. I don't know if people realize the effect that has on pulling in skill kids to your school. It's a big draw.

If I'm Western's staff I'm selling Colin Hurst and an offense that goes 5-wide ALL THE TIME. (which they do)

They have a few kids but they gotta put it together on the field though. (Stranahan)

You're right about Western not having OL like they used to. That's funny.

One thing they have had lately though is good Quarterback play. Every year they have somebody who slings it around. I don't know if people realize the effect that has on pulling in skill kids to your school. It's a big draw.

If I'm Western's staff I'm selling Colin Hurst and an offense that goes 5-wide ALL THE TIME. (which they do)
Hurst is small but impressive. They throw the ball a good amount foreal.

Yea Stranahan kind of doesn't play anyone and they have skated by the last 2 years on that. But it's good to see them have some legitimate studs balancing out that area. The coach has been sending at least 2 kids to div 1 lately and they are a magnet schools where kids have the grades.

I get what you’re saying. But when I was in high school and even up until recently Western wasn’t getting kids to transfer in like they are doing now. I mean, I even respected y’all (I know you’re not there now) coaching staff for years. Even before I went to high school. And with good coaching y’all still didn’t get kids to go there. You had a UM and a UCLA commit too and kids transferred out. It’s just weird seeing Western have so many kids transfer in.
Too be fair, Broward is wild right now. Ely, Boyd Anderson, and Cypress Bay are down. And up until last year Dillard was struggling. Now Western is a power.

Advertisement
I get the looking out for players part. But..........he is a 9th grader. The "private school" kids with offers are kids from St Thomas, U school, Pace...all places where they have connections. Remember they arennt recruiting on campuses.

Yep kids are getting recruited to Western through the 7 on 7 teams (these kids play on 7 on7 teams together with some western staff members) and that particular coach.

Not sure how long it wil be sustainable but the last 3 years or so they have been getting them in. Looks like Coach Chris(ft lauderdale hurricanes) maybe headed to Hallandale so it may slow up soon.
Yea you’re right about the recruiting part. Outside for a few schools it’s cyclical in Broward. Every now and then South Plant has a squad then they rebuild. South Broward has a squad and then they rebuild, etc.

Hey do you know if those coaches getting paid through sponsorships? These coaches take it seriously I see.

Yea you’re right about the recruiting part. Outside for a few schools it’s cyclical in Broward. Every now and then South Plant has a squad then they rebuild. South Broward has a squad and then they rebuild, etc.

Hey do you know if those coaches getting paid through sponsorships? These coaches take it seriously I see.
what you mean the 7 on 7 coaches?.

I get what you’re saying. But when I was in high school and even up until recently Western wasn’t getting kids to transfer in like they are doing now. I mean, I even respected y’all (I know you’re not there now) coaching staff for years. Even before I went to high school. And with good coaching y’all still didn’t get kids to go there. You had a UM and a UCLA commit too and kids transferred out. It’s just weird seeing Western have so many kids transfer in.
Too be fair, Broward is wild right now. Ely, Boyd Anderson, and Cypress Bay are down. And up until last year Dillard was struggling. Now Western is a power.
Yeah you're right about that.

Advertisement

Heritage is my guess

Heritage is my guess

I wouldn't doubt that but he's killing it right now in the 7-on-7 circuit with Colin Hurst as his QB.
If he goes to STA or Heritage it'll only be for the name, because neither one of them are good at throwing the forward pass.

Advertisement
Back