What? Did you just suggest that a top 200 player in the country who could go to school almost anywhere he wants walk on?

He would get free tuitions and books because his dad is a university employee. An the rules have changed so walkons can be feed at the team training table. So the only cost to the young man would housing ( but he can be commuter for his 1st year while living at home, in essence just as if he had an off campus apartment) and he wouldn't get the cost of living payments scholarship players get.

An now with players allowed to get paid for their image, the school could set him up with paid advertising gig to help him out.
**** he could do a cameo appearance as a UM player in a Flannigans Sports bar commercial.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah we missed alot of fast break layups in the past few years.

Our staff on the trail:

ezgif-3533585145.gif

He would get free tuitions and books because his dad is a university employee. An the rules have changed so walkons can be feed at the team training table. So the only cost to the young man would housing ( but he can be commuter for his 1st year while living at home, in essence just as if he had an off campus apartment) and he wouldn't get the cost of living payments scholarship players get.

An now with players allowed to get paid for their image, the school could set him up with paid advertising gig to help him out.
**** he could do a cameo appearance as a UM player in a Flannigans Sports bar commercial.

Go Canes

". So the only cost to the young man would housing ( but he can be commuter for his 1st year while living at home, in essence just as if he had an off campus apartment) and he wouldn't get the cost of living payments scholarship players get."

Why would you asume he wants to give that experience up?
Why do you assume he doesn't want to move out of his parents house?

How long has his dad worked here? Most schools have a certain amount a years that need to be put in before they start paying kids tuition. Either way just recruit the kid. It's one **** scholarship you would be saving. If you really think he's a difference maker, why even risk losing him by trying to save one ship.

How long has his dad worked here? Most schools have a certain amount a years that need to be put in before they start paying kids tuition. Either way just recruit the kid. It's one **** scholarship you would be saving. If you really think he's a difference maker, why even risk losing him by trying to save one ship.
Has to be around 15 years

Advertisement
O.G

17 years.

One of the dumbest posts I’ve ever seen on here and I’ve said some dumb things here.

Actually, it's an interesting idea. As a university employee, his father gets to send members of his immediate family to the school with full tuition paid for by the school. What's the difference between going to school on a full ride football scholarship or going to school on a full tuition paid ride. As a preferred walk-on, he would get his books, room and board free. It all nets out equal and helps his team.

Paranos' idea is one of the most creative ideas I've heard in a long time.

Actually, it's an interesting idea. As a university employee, his father gets to send members of his immediate family to the school with full tuition paid for by the school. What's the difference between going to school on a full ride football scholarship or going to school on a full tuition paid ride. As a preferred walk-on, he would get his books, room and board free. It all nets out equal and helps his team.

Why are you singling out me instead of all the other people who think it’s a dumb idea here?

Advertisement

Preferred walk-ons get free room and board?

Aren’t there limits on training table and practice time and ****?

I do not believe that the child of a university employee gets free tuition is in place anymore. There is a discount, but it's not 100% free. My friend's mom worked for UM for 20 years+ and she told me this a year or two ago.

Advertisement
I do not believe that the child of a university employee gets free tuition is in place anymore. There is a discount, but it's not 100% free. My friend's mom worked for UM for 20 years+ and she told me this a year or two ago.

I have one of my closest friends working at their Human Resources department, and he says that tuition is covered at 100% for full time employee’s children.

Either way, you offer this kid a full ride scholarship. It’s an insult if we don’t.

Because it’s insulting to say to a blue chipper and his family, we want you to come to Miami but as a walk on since your daddy has worked here for many years. Plus, there are perks to athletic scholarships that walk on’s don’t get. It’s not creative. It’s being greedy as a fan.

Advertisement
The kid and his father deserve to be treated like everyone else. Don’t even raise that option to them.
I understand as fans were looking for that edge. But you roll out the red carpet with all the same options as anyone else. Kid worked his *** off.

Because it’s insulting to say to a blue chipper and his family, we want you to come to Miami but as a walk on since your daddy has worked here for many years. Plus, there are perks to athletic scholarships that walk on’s don’t get. It’s not creative. It’s being greedy as a fan.
Yes it’s considered a lesser thing than getting a scholarship which is why it won’t happen and this is dumb

Advertisement
Back