Tyrek Austin-Cave 2020 Recruit (title edited)

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

https://247sports.com/Player/Tirek-Austin-Cave-46054731/

6'1 200lbs 3-star LB from out of Camden NJ, goes to Camden Catholic school.

Dynamic aggressive OLB with good speed that has 165 total tackles in HS, had 99tcks 5TFL's 4PD's & 1INT his Sophomore last year. Is also a track athlete as well. Was offered by Coach Baker.

Holds offers from Cuse, BC, West Va, Maryland & Baylor.

Advertisement
A track athlete at LB? Good offer then. He’s going to invited to the opening up there and test out of this world.

Advertisement
I think one of the biggest red flags Manny has shown as a recruiter is with linebacker evals.

They took over late in the cycle with Shaq, Pink and McCloud...it was nice work keeping them on board, but if they were coming for Golden they were more likely than not coming for Richt.

Since then the guys we've taken are nice but it seems like we have been very stubborn around numbers and mismanaged the depth. Once those three and Finley clear out it gets real scary real quickly...and I don't love the idea of needing three starting-caliber freshman to come in again.

I think one of the biggest red flags Manny has shown as a recruiter is with linebacker evals.

They took over late in the cycle with Shaq, Pink and McCloud...it was nice work keeping them on board, but if they were coming for Golden they were more likely than not coming for Richt.

Since then the guys we've taken are nice but it seems like we have been very stubborn around numbers and mismanaged the depth. Once those three and Finley clear out it gets real scary real quickly...and I don't love the idea of needing three starting-caliber freshman to come in again.

I could see a portal lb next year

Advertisement

That’s kind of hard to judge considering that nobody really has played anything significant outside of Shaq, Pinckney, and McCloud. We can’t go by their evaluation when we have 3 players that’s started since their freshman year in the same system. Until they’re gone, we have to hold off on seeing if the guys behind them warrant concerns with the linebacker evaluation.

Advertisement
We are going to I have the most athletic defense in CF, speed everywhere.
It’s funny you say that because it reminds me of the comment made during signing day coverage about how big Bama, Clemson, UGA, etc is then they say it’s intimidating and the first thing I said was “Not if you’re faster than them”.

Advertisement
6'1" lb around 200 lbs with some instincts, toughness, great speed, and a relentless eagerness to be involed in the play? Sounds like the kind of guy Jon would approve of.

Advertisement
Back