Tyrek Austin-Cave 2020 Recruit (title edited)

Advertisement
Advertisement
image.jpeg

3 new CB's all to the U.

1 from Demetric Warren, 1 from a Minnesota insider (TAC's last OV was to Minnesota) & 1 supposedly from Wiltfong (I don't have a subscription but I'm assuming it's for us lol)

Advertisement
Thanks bro.

Our Defensive recruiting is really heating up, they catch more flack than the Offensive recruiters by our fans but their side of the ball has been the most consistent & steadily improved since El Jefe has been here.
I love what’s happening. I would love to know if this whole thing with Height is happening now as a direct result of Harris’ dad’s interview. Any guy feel on that?

Thanks bro.

Our Defensive recruiting is really heating up, they catch more flack than the Offensive recruiters by our fans but their side of the ball has been the most consistent & steadily improved since El Jefe has been here.

Bringing back Roberts, adding Q and now possibly adding Height and TAC is next level ****. Don’t care what their silly rankings are, everyone of those dudes is gonna eat here. Has to be the most successful post Paradise we’ve had.

Bringing back Roberts, adding Q and now possibly adding Height and TAC is next level ****. Don’t care what their silly rankings are, everyone of those dudes is gonna eat here. Has to be the most successful post Paradise we’ve had.
It’s really a smart approach, locking up really talented kids who are attainable and then taking shots at the Flowe’s with the few slots left. We can win a lot of games and finish ranked higher in the polls with these types of kids. It’s a solid step to get to in order to have a shot at going into a more elite level down the road. Before we were just stiffed by the top kids and had simultaneously blown our chances on the next level down. Now we’re locking that level in.

Thanks bro.

Manny is showing the ability to recruit. Cats like Cave, Height, Williams, Anaele, with Roberts in there is impressive recruiting. Not to mention the other two DTs in Moise and Riggins. If one of them fall off, Neal for a backup, who could easily be an upgrade. That’s how we get to Charlotte. Trench work like that, to build on the last class, is going to make our secondary job fun again.. like 17.

Advertisement
I love what’s happening. I would love to know if this whole thing with Height is happening now as a direct result of Harris’ dad’s interview. Any guy feel on that?

I'm not sure the Harris Dad interview was the reason. I think it's more of change in approach. We are not going hold off on other guys hoping we win him back. We are going to fill the spot and keep recruiting. No more Jobe situations were they held on in the hope that they could keep him in only to be left with nothing since you slow played everyone. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

And none seem to come with the drama or, no pun intended, baggage, of some of our past Paradise commits. They seem like they are all business, ready to work, and focusing on what is important to develop.

I'm not sure the Harris Dad interview was the reason. I think it's more of change in approach. We are not going hold off on other guys hoping we win him back. We are going to fill the spot and keep recruiting. No more Jobe situations were they held on in the hope that they could keep him in only to be left with nothing since you slow played everyone. Just my opinion.
And none seem to come with the drama or, no pun intended, baggage, of some of our past Paradise commits. They seem like they are all business, ready to work, and focusing on what is important to develop.
I love it so much, I needed to reply to both of you bc you both make great points. We’re already better off by recruiting this way. We’ll win a lot of games with the kids we’re getting.

Advertisement
I love it so much, I needed to reply to both of you bc you both make great points. We’re already better off by recruiting this way. We’ll win a lot of games with the kids we’re getting.

Yeah I don't think they are telling kids you are our priority and wont wont give the green light to other recruits because we are all in on you any more.
We seen to be moving quicker to the next kid. In the past we would hold on so long that next was gone bynthe time is was beyond obvious we struck out and we ended up in a mad scramble of late offers poor options. At least I hope that's what's going on.

Agree with this. Which is also why I wonder if the staff really cares about filling that second RB spot. All evidence shows they are not going to repeat this mistake of the last staff. To me, it seems like based on all other evidence of this recruiting cycle, if they really valued Parrish, we would have been in stronger contact with him. Whether that turns out to be a mistake is a different story, but Manny and Co seem like they saw this problem and are seeking out a way to fix it.

Advertisement
Back