Tyrek Austin-Cave 2020 Recruit (title edited)

The 2 most important posters here you and @gogeta4 love him and that's all I need to know.
Ain't new either, check the earlier pages in this thread, the smart ones were all high on this kid months ago.

Anybody that has seen him knows he's a beast, playing at a small under the radar school in Jersey doesn't get him the hype, but trust this kid is a Miami caliber LB no matter what the crybabies tell you.

Advertisement
When you think of a UM lber. You draw them up like TAC.

He fits the mold of the Beason, Vilma, Pinkney, Sharpton archtype. He is going to settle in at around 225 pds and be a problem in the ACC for years.

Love this take. I was underwhelmed by the LB class so far, but TAC is a Miami-level talent. Hope we find make room for Hyppolite if he wants in. Obviously we'll make room for Flowe. Just one of those two would turn a B- at the position group to an A.

A 6'0 200lbs fast, aggressive & dynamic LB with good speed & great tackling ability.

Highly productive player with 165tcks in 2 years as a starter & comes from a rough area in Camden that produces kids with toughness, hunger & perseverance.

The kid is a track athlete, ran a 6.57 in the 55m, has good instincts & constantly around the football.

IDGAF how much yall cry & complain, Tirek Austin-Cave is good LB & great pickup for El Jefe, Baker & Patke.

He'll thrive in our defense, if he's an EE he can play day 1 as a Will Backer or could be molded into a Mike Backer as well. Feeley will work wonders with this kid & AJ Mathis who is also a physical specimen.

I been high on this kid's ability since we first offered, outside of Hyppolite there's not a LB in South Fla I would take ahead of TAC, rankings be damned & yes that includes Wingo.

'the Seal' has been given...

Ain't new either, check the earlier pages in this thread, the smart ones were all high on this kid months ago.

Anybody that has seen him knows he's a beast, playing at a small under the radar school in Jersey doesn't get him the hype, but trust this kid is a Miami caliber LB no matter what the crybabies tell you.
Facts this kids a baller

Advertisement

Nice article from a local Jersey writer on TAC's commitment:

“When Miami first offered me, it kind of opened my eyes to what I wanted to be as a football player,” Austin-Cave said. “It was truly an honor to get an offer from that school and based on the history and past of producing great linebackers, that school, it gets all its recruits from down south, for them to offer me being from Jersey seeing what I can do all the way up here, that meant something to me.”

He still remembers seeing his parents after receiving the Hurricanes’ offer in February, and what it felt like to tell them the news.

“I’m making my folks proud,” he said. There were other selling points too. The school’s size was key, as there’s only 11,000 students at the university. “Probably an average of 20 kids a class, that’s important, to have relationships with the professors,” Austin-Cave said. “That’s going to be huge in the future. You never know where that person may come into your life down the line.”

Playing time was also a factor. The Hurricanes’ lost four senior linebackers from a year ago.

“They’re going to need guys this upcoming year,” he said. “There’s an opportunity for me to play; it’s up to me to put in that work day in and day out to get better, that’s all I really need in my life, an opportunity, and Miami gave me an opportunity to play football for them.”

It also didn’t hurt that Miami showed him a grand time when he made his official visit in early June. The school had a chauffeur pick his family up to go to the airport. There was five-star accommodations, five-star food and the beach was a stone’s throw away.

He came home from that visit thinking, “There’s not too many places like Miami,” he said.

Nice article from a local Jersey writer on TAC's commitment:

“When Miami first offered me, it kind of opened my eyes to what I wanted to be as a football player,” Austin-Cave said. “It was truly an honor to get an offer from that school and based on the history and past of producing great linebackers, that school, it gets all its recruits from down south, for them to offer me being from Jersey seeing what I can do all the way up here, that meant something to me.”

He still remembers seeing his parents after receiving the Hurricanes’ offer in February, and what it felt like to tell them the news.

“I’m making my folks proud,” he said. There were other selling points too. The school’s size was key, as there’s only 11,000 students at the university. “Probably an average of 20 kids a class, that’s important, to have relationships with the professors,” Austin-Cave said. “That’s going to be huge in the future. You never know where that person may come into your life down the line.”

Playing time was also a factor. The Hurricanes’ lost four senior linebackers from a year ago.

“They’re going to need guys this upcoming year,” he said. “There’s an opportunity for me to play; it’s up to me to put in that work day in and day out to get better, that’s all I really need in my life, an opportunity, and Miami gave me an opportunity to play football for them.”

It also didn’t hurt that Miami showed him a grand time when he made his official visit in early June. The school had a chauffeur pick his family up to go to the airport. There was five-star accommodations, five-star food and the beach was a stone’s throw away.

He came home from that visit thinking, “There’s not too many places like Miami,” he said.

tumblr_myjs5mZokW1retk9go1_400.gif

Advertisement
No reason not to own the northeast.
Everyone from out there vacations here and a lot of transplants live here.
We should plant our flag in NJ/NY/CT and start setting up shop PA

Been saying this for months. So many kids here. Football isn't all bad up north. Besides, everyone has a grandparent who lives or is a "snowbird" in florida!!!

Advertisement
Sounds like people are star watching instead of asking does this kid fit our style and system of defense

It doesn’t have to be one or the other. You can get system fits that are better prospects lol.

But it is what it is. Austin-Cave seems like the best of the group and seems like a take, whereas the questions about Flagg seem valid. But no need to go to either extreme. They’re coming off a bad season. Things can look different by the end of the year.

Advertisement
Back