2019 Redshirt Watch - Week 13

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Staff member
In Week 11 vs. UL, only DE Jahfari Harvey and S Keontra Smith saw playing time among players still eligible for a redshirt.

90scane

Sophomore
Payton played a good amount as well which means he can’t play again without burning it

BoxingRobes

Junior
I'll tell you what I'd like to see...

Save Jeremiah Payton's last game for the bowl game. Let'em work scout team the rest of the year, then tell'em he's going to get some meals to eat during the bowl game and let's see what we've got with him, for real. Same with Larry Hodges, Keontra Smith, and I'd LOOOOOVE to see a few of those DTs get a few snaps per game here, late in the season before you let'em eat during the bowl game.

Basically, use that bowl game to start getting ready for next year but give some of the kids some real burn.

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Staff member
Jeremiah Payton's game log has been updated, indicating he played against UL this past week. It was his 4th game played.

Jahfari Harvey's game log was also updated, indicating that he did not play against UL this past week. He still has only 3 games played.

scrantoncane

Sophomore
I'll tell you what I'd like to see...

Save Jeremiah Payton's last game for the bowl game. Let'em work scout team the rest of the year, then tell'em he's going to get some meals to eat during the bowl game and let's see what we've got with him, for real. Same with Larry Hodges, Keontra Smith, and I'd LOOOOOVE to see a few of those DTs get a few snaps per game here, late in the season before you let'em eat during the bowl game.

Basically, use that bowl game to start getting ready for next year but give some of the kids some real burn.
1. Gives them the full season to develop and learn the playbook before getting meaningful action.
2. Shows them they are a part of the long term plan.
3. Shows us how they perform on the big stage.

Manny seems to understand analytics and strategies like this, generally speaking (I am specifically referring to believing he will have a plan on if/when to use those 4 games of eligibility). But I am in 100% agreement with your post.

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Staff member
In Week 12 vs. FIU, only S Keontra Smith saw playing time among players still eligible for a redshirt. It was Smith's third game played of the season

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Staff member
In Week 13 vs. Duke, only S Keontra Smith and RB Lorenzo Lingard saw playing time among players still eligible for a redshirt.