2019 QB Peyton Matocha receives offer (Commits!)

Advertisement
Gimme this kid and call it a day at QB for this year. I think we are too late with the LA QB (never know though). I like this kid competing with Tate & Jarren more than anyone else.

Short version:

Peyton Matocha got a visit today from Cane coordinator/QB coach Dan Enos, and UM is working to finalize an official visit for this weekend.

Tulane was previously scheduled for this Saturday and Sunday - Matocha has already taken official visits to Texas A&M and Wyoming. And another team is entering the mix for the talented QB - Florida State coaches are scheduled to visit Matocha tomorrow and are likely to push for him to visit Tallahassee one of these final two weekends.

The UM coach stressed that “You’re my guy, the first one I’m recruiting (to Miami)," according to Matocha's high school coach, Rich McGuire.

“(Enos) came today, and he’s very smart, comes across as a teacher, he teaches his craft,” McGuire, said. “He’s a good recruiter, I sat in as he was talking to Peyton. He sold Miami very well, sold Manny (Diaz) very well.”

McGuire says whatever program lands the QB has a gem on its hands.

“He is who you want as the face of your program,” McGuire said. “He is ready to compete.

"Peyton, I always call him a hybrid, a dual threat and a pro-style quarterback because he can really do either. He’s 6-4 so he can sit in the pocket and throw if you want him to but he’s also a super dynamic athlete who runs 4.62 and can high jump 6-8. ... Probably his most redeeming factor is he’s the most competitive kid I’ve ever met in my life. He just wants to compete at everything and doesn’t like to lose.”

A sign of Matocha's athleticism? He even played defense in some games - starting at safety once as a junior and playing “crunch time” snaps at cornerback this season.

“We put him in when we needed a stop - he’s our best athlete,” McGuire said.

Advertisement
A white qb who can play cb and safety if needed on his HS team? Can't wait foe the sneaky athleticism quotes oh and WiLLLLLLLLie still copying our offers

Advertisement
So a bit more on Matocha -

“The fact that he came in shows I’m important to them,” Matocha said. “He said I’m the No. 1 guy they’re looking for. And he’s obviously really good at developing quarterbacks, which is important to me. He also talked about how he’s the quarterbacks coach and the offensive coordinator, which isn’t how it is at a lot of universities. And he talked about his past record, working with the quarterbacks at Alabama, at Arkansas. It just proves he’s a really good coach, knows what he’s doing which is a plus for me.”

He is taking his OV this weekend with his parents. He was asked if he would commit if the visit goes well and they are happy with everything. He said "he believes so". Sounds like he is really all in right now with Enos..

FSU goes in tomorrow with Willie and Briles. He also said he may visit Texas and depending on how the FSU conversation is , he may visit them before signing day.

he’s got a solid arm, but his best attribute on tape is his ability to move around in the pocket naturally and keep his eyes downfield.

Every QB we’ve had in the last 15 years has struggled with that. It’s an extremely important skill that can’t really be taught all that well.

Meanwhile, Richt Jr would still be flying out to see MJ Jr.

I seriously can’t belive the **** we had to deal with for 3 years. I was the biggest Mark Richt supporter when we hired him and thought he would get us to the playoffs in 4-5 years. Man was I sooooooo wrong. Many of my friends who are Bama fans told me from day 1 that Richt was a bum and **** were they right.

Advertisement
The UM coach stressed that “You’re my guy, the first one I’m recruiting (to Miami)," according to Matocha's high school coach, Rich McGuire.
**** coach, why you snitching for?
“The fact that he came in shows I’m important to them,” Matocha said. “He said I’m the No. 1 guy they’re looking for..”

He is taking his OV this weekend with his parents. He was asked if he would commit if the visit goes well and they are happy with everything. He said "he believes so". Sounds like he is really all in right now with Enos..

I guess everybody is snitching, we better lock him up then, because Legendre is probably FSU bound.
Florida State coaches are scheduled to visit Matocha tomorrow and are likely to push for him to visit Tallahassee one of these final two weekends.

Willie just seeing who Enos offers so he can offer too, pathetic

Advertisement
So a bit more on Matocha -

“The fact that he came in shows I’m important to them,” Matocha said. “He said I’m the No. 1 guy they’re looking for. And he’s obviously really good at developing quarterbacks, which is important to me. He also talked about how he’s the quarterbacks coach and the offensive coordinator, which isn’t how it is at a lot of universities. And he talked about his past record, working with the quarterbacks at Alabama, at Arkansas. It just proves he’s a really good coach, knows what he’s doing which is a plus for me.”

FSU goes in tomorrow with Willie and Briles. He also said he may visit Texas and depending on how the FSU conversation is , he may visit them before signing day.

Lucky to have Enos! Locking this kid in would be awesome. Two weeks in and he's already killing it.

Advertisement
Back