2019 ATH Montavious Brini a family tie to the 'Canes

View as article

Geo305

Retired staff
Premium
image.jpg

While it may be early to some, the landscape of College Football recruiting has changed in a big way over the past couple of years. Colleges across the country have began to dig even further into High School football prospects as early as middle school and prospects just entering high school in today's world. It may be a shock to some people as these kids are still growing and maturing but these colleges project these prospects to be the future football stars of tomorrow.

The Brini family has no shortage of athleticism in their genes. Dontavious and Latavious, the older brothers of Montavious have garnered attention from college programs across the country theirselves. Dontavious who graduated from Mater Academy in the class of 2015, holding Division 1 offers from the likes of Akron, Alcorn State and Fordham. While Latavious, who holds early offers from Louisville and Temple in the class of 2017 and receiving interest and letters from multiple Division 1 College Football programs.

Today I had the chance to interview a rising Freshman prospect in South Florida, Montavious Brini who stands at 6'1", weighing 185 as a freshman. Early on Brini has been rated the 8th best prospect in the state of Florida for the class of 2019 in the Florida Elite 100. Among prospects by the names of Nayquan Wright, James Cook(Current FSU star Running Back Dalvin Cook's younger brother), Kenny McIntosh(Current Miami DL Richard McIntosh younger brother) and Darren Davis Jr.(Son of Running Back Darren Davis and nephew of Heisman Trophy Finalist Running Back Troy Davis who both attended Iowa State in the 90's). Who have all receivered offers or interest from top College Football programs in the nation. Miami, Alabama, LSU and Notre Dame to name a few of those prestigious schools.

Montavious happens to have a cousin who recently enrolled at the University of Miami for the 2015 Football class. From a very prestigious South Florida Football powerhouse in Booker T. Washington.

Geo: Montavious, what does it feel like to be rated one of the top 10 football prospects in the state of Florida for the class of 2019?

Montavious: "It's a blessing to know I've put in the amount of work to be ranked among the top ten with the best in 2019."

Geo: Do you feel like having two older brothers who both play football. Dontavious, who has gone through the recruiting process already and Latavious who is currently going through the recruiting process, gives you any kind of advantage and advice towards your football career and decisions?

Montavious: "Yes. Because it helps me get a lead on recruiting because of both of my older brothers."

Geo: How has the transition from Little League to High School football been like for you Montavious?

Montavious: "It's been hard, more work I have to put in. More competition and more talent but I have to just grind for that number one spot."

Geo: What position are the Mater Academy coaches looking to put you at during your freshman season?

Montavious: "Running Back and Wide Receiver"

Geo: Do you prefer one position over the other?

Montavious: "Wide Receiver because by the time I hit my senior year I am going to be huge."

Geo: How would you describe your skill set as a player Montavious?

Montavious: "Well I love contact and I personally say I love contact. I play with a mean/rough style."

Geo: With the departure of Running Back Zack Moss(Current Class of 2016 Miami RB Commit) to Hallandale. Do you feel as if you are ready to pick up where he left off for Mater Academy this season?

Montavious: "I think I'm ready to pick up where Zack left off."

Geo: Do you have any role models or anyone you think, that has pushed you to attribute to your early football success?

Montavious: "My role models are my family, they have pushed me to succeed."

Geo: If you could pick any football player you model your game after, who would it be?

Montavious: "Frank Gore."

Geo: You're a big kid for your age as a freshman. What are your current weight room numbers looking like?

Montavious: "My weight room numbers are, 175 bench press, 225 squat and I clean 165."

Geo: Do you have any individual or team goals for your freshman season at Mater Academy?

Montavious: "My goals are for us to make it to states and my individual goal is to rush for over 1,000 yards and at least 5 TD's."

Geo: Have you been to any camps this off-season and have any colleges shown interest or offered yet?

Montavious: "I've been to Miami and FAMU but Miami is the only college that has showed interest but no offer yet."

Geo: "When you hear "The University of Miami, The U." What is the first thing that comes to your mind?

Montavious: "I feel in love with the program and I want to be apart of that family."

Geo: If the hometown Miami Hurricanes offered you, would you commit?

Montavious: "I would commit and ask if it's possible for my brother Latavious to get an offer."

Geo: Do you know anyone who is on the University of Miami football team or anyone currently committed to Miami?

Montavious: "Yes, my cousin James King."

Geo: Do you have any words or a message for Canes fans Montavious?

Montavious: "I love the Canes and I love the program. I can't wait to be apart of the Canes future."

Montavious Brini HUDL Highlights -
Montavious brini - Hudl

You can follow Montavious Brini on twitter at - Montavious Brini (@famouspapi__) | Twitter

Advertisement
View attachment 30802

While it may be early to some, the landscape of College Football recruiting has changed in a big way over the past couple of years. Colleges across the country have began to dig even further into High School football prospects as early as middle school and prospects just entering high school in today's world. It may be a shock to some people as these kids are still growing and maturing but these colleges project these prospects to be the future football stars of tomorrow.

The Brini family has no shortage of athleticism in their genes. Dontavious and Latavious, the older brothers of Montavious have garnered attention from college programs across the country theirselves. Dontavious who graduated from Mater Academy in the class of 2015, holding Division 1 offers from the likes of Akron, Alcorn State and Fordham. While Latavious, who holds early offers from Louisville and Temple in the class of 2017 and receiving interest and letters from multiple Division 1 College Football programs.

Today I had the chance to interview a rising Freshman prospect in South Florida, Montavious Brini who stands at 6'1", weighing 185 as a freshman. Early on Brini has been rated the 8th best prospect in the state of Florida for the class of 2019 in the Florida Elite 100. Among prospects by the names of Nayquan Wright, James Cook(Current FSU star Running Back Dalvin Cook's younger brother), Kenny McIntosh(Current Miami DL Richard McIntosh younger brother) and Darren Davis Jr.(Son of Running Back Darren Davis and nephew of Heisman Trophy Finalist Running Back Troy Davis who both attended Iowa State in the 90's). Who have all receivered offers or interest from top College Football programs in the nation. Miami, Alabama, LSU and Notre Dame to name a few of those prestigious schools.

Montavious happens to have a cousin who recently enrolled at the University of Miami for the 2015 Football class. From a very prestigious South Florida Football powerhouse in Booker T. Washington.

Geo: Montavious, what does it feel like to be rated one of the top 10 football prospects in the state of Florida for the class of 2019?

Montavious: "It's a blessing to know I've put in the amount of work to be ranked among the top ten with the best in 2019."

Geo: Do you feel like having two older brothers who both play football. Dontavious, who has gone through the recruiting process already and Latavious who is currently going through the recruiting process, gives you any kind of advantage and advice towards your football career and decisions?

Montavious: "Yes. Because it helps me get a lead on recruiting because of both of my older brothers."

Geo: How has the transition from Little League to High School football been like for you Montavious?

Montavious: "It's been hard, more work I have to put in. More competition and more talent but I have to just grind for that number one spot."

Geo: What position are the Mater Academy coaches looking to put you at during your freshman season?

Montavious: "Running Back and Wide Receiver"

Geo: Do you prefer one position over the other?

Montavious: "Wide Receiver because by the time I hit my senior year I am going to be huge."

Geo: How would you describe your skill set as a player Montavious?

Montavious: "Well I love contact and I personally say I love contact. I play with a mean/rough style."

Geo: With the departure of Running Back Zack Moss(Current Class of 2016 Miami RB Commit) to Hallandale. Do you feel as if you are ready to pick up where he left off for Mater Academy this season?

Montavious: "I think I'm ready to pick up where Zack left off."

Geo: Do you have any role models or anyone you think, that has pushed you to attribute to your early football success?

Montavious: "My role models are my family, they have pushed me to succeed."

Geo: If you could pick any football player you model your game after, who would it be?

Montavious: "Frank Gore."

Geo: You're a big kid for your age as a freshman. What are your current weight room numbers looking like?

Montavious: "My weight room numbers are, 175 bench press, 225 squat and I clean 165."

Geo: Do you have any individual or team goals for your freshman season at Mater Academy?

Montavious: "My goals are for us to make it to states and my individual goal is to rush for over 1,000 yards and at least 5 TD's."

Geo: Have you been to any camps this off-season and have any colleges shown interest or offered yet?

Montavious: "I've been to Miami and FAMU but Miami is the only college that has showed interest but no offer yet."

Geo: "When you hear "The University of Miami, The U." What is the first thing that comes to your mind?

Montavious: "I feel in love with the program and I want to be apart of that family."

Geo: If the hometown Miami Hurricanes offered you, would you commit?

Montavious: "I would commit and ask if it's possible for my brother Latavious to get an offer."

Geo: Do you know anyone who is on the University of Miami football team or anyone currently committed to Miami?

Montavious: "Yes, my cousin James King."

Geo: Do you have any words or a message for Canes fans Montavious?

Montavious: "I love the Canes and I love the program. I can't wait to be apart of the Canes future."

Montavious Brini HUDL Highlights -
Montavious brini - Hudl

You can follow Montavious Brini on twitter at - Montavious Brini (@famouspapi__) | Twitter

This Kid is really good, i seen his highlights a few weeks back. i hope he gets an offer. i believe WR is his money position.

thanks Geo!

His brother Latavious who is a 2017 DB is 6'2, 180 and already has offers from Temple and Louisville so I think he will be highly recruited as well. It shows him as committed to Temple on a couple of sites as well.

3481268.jpg
hudl | 247 | Rivals | ESPN | Scout | Twitter

The Opening Miami held at American Heritage High School on February 28th, 2015
6' 1.5" 184 4.33 SH, 31 PB, 31.3 VJ

BrOK9OKCEAALo1a.jpg

Lot's of room to grow...

Mar 07, 2015 | 12:29 pm
Lengthy sophomore is an Owl
Corey BenderCorey Bender
Florida Recruiting Analyst
Possessing elite size as just a sophomore, 6-foot-2 Hialeah Gardens (Fla.) Mater Academy Charter cornerback Latavious Brini is generating interest from some big-time programs early on, but opted to verbally commit to Temple just a few weeks ago.

Lengthy defensive backs that measure in at 6-foot-1 or taller are at a premium in today's day and age of recruiting. Latavious Brini, a 6-foot-2, 180-pound sophomore cornerback out of Hialeah Gardens (Fla.) Mater Academy Charter, passes the eye test and is an instinctual player that doesn't shy away from contact in the open field.

Brini, who wasted no time and verbally committed to the Temple Owls a few weeks back, is one of the next premier defensive backs out of South Florida that should reel in a number of BCS offers before it's all said and done.

"I had a great connection with the former coach that used to coach for Temple, Evan Cooper, Jr.," Brini said. "We had a great connection and he taught me as I was growing up at Champagnat High School. I already liked Temple and it's a pretty good academic school."
Although he possesses just a single offer from the AAC program, Brini has generated a buzz among a handful of additional programs, including Al Golden and the nearby Miami Hurricanes.

(Schools showing interest are) Michigan, Miami, Florida Atlantic, Cincinnati, Louisville, schools like that," Brini said.
Brini, who has no visits scheduled at this time, registered 25 tackles and a forced fumble in 2014.

Last edited:
His oldest brother is a pretty good athlete as well but very few offers (Akron, Fordham, Alcorn State). He signed with Concord.

i

hudl | 247 | Rivals | ESPN

Dontavious Brini
Hialeah, FL (Mater Academy Charter)

Cornerback
HEIGHT: 6'3"
WEIGHT: 180lbs
40YD DASH: 4.60
SHUTTLE: 4.43
VERTICAL: 34.4"
POWER BALL: 31'

Name: Dontavious Brini
Hometown: Miami Gardens, Fla.
High School: Mater Academy
Position: Defensive Back
Dontavious on Concord: "The program that coach Justice and the rest of the coaches have built at CU is great."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back