2017 Gulliver RB Robert Burns "Freakazoid"

Advertisement
Posted a 118 sparq rating over the offseason before going into his sophomore year this season.

My #1 back for 2017. Might be a while away. But this kid is a freak. Right now 5'11" 210 and surely to get only bigger, stronger and faster. Runs a 4.5 official time right now.

I must say too, from what I've seen this year, he has improved even more from his freshman year. Got faster too.

Here's one more, caught this one earlier.

It's on Dionte Mullins tape from a few plays this year that rivals put up. (They were missing a few other plays Mullins had this year by the way.)

But check Burns here at the 1:46 mark. http://sports.yahoo.com/video/rivals-spotlight-dionte-mullins-141834221.html

Great block by Mullins by the way.

Burns moves very well and fast for his size.

As for his recruitment. With Momma Mullins, Baez here. And Mullins, Wright and Jackson well on their way too Miami for 2016, coupled in the fact that he grew up with and is best friends with Mullins and Wright.

Safe to say we'll be seeing this Freak in our backfield a few years from now.

Advertisement
Has season tickets or is friends with someone who has. See him every weekend

Advertisement
Advertisement
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2687493/highlights/208274376

Some sophomore highlights for Burns.

Enjoy. My oh my...

I do wish some of the Gulliver kids like Mullins, Burns, Jackson and Wright had a little better supporting cast around them.

Burns is only a sophomore. He is only going to continue to get better. Some of his defensive plays speaks levels to his athleticism IMO.

Last edited:
If that kid doesn't make it into the NFL then he badly ****ed up. He could play college ball right now.

The only knock on Burns for anyone that has seen him live multiple times is you will see him make a nice run for 20 yards and then you see him for the next 10 minutes having an ankle looked at or his back or something. He's very young and hopefully he gets that out of his system.

With Gulliver going independent expect him to be at a better school with better coaching next season.

Advertisement
The only knock on Burns for anyone that has seen him live multiple times is you will see him make a nice run for 20 yards and then you see him for the next 10 minutes having an ankle looked at or his back or something. He's very young and hopefully he gets that out of his system.

With Gulliver going independent expect him to be at a better school with better coaching next season.

Token you think he'll try and go to Westminister or maybe even Booker T?

I also hope he's not injury prone, that's a bad sign.

I mean it's obvious the Gulliver kids like Mullins, Wright, Burns and Jackson are deserving of a much better team. I mean they can only do so much.

Where would you expect them to land?

I mean seeing Booker T bring in the 3 homestead kids this year with Callaway, Davis and Alexander. And they were close to bringing Rasul before Walton decided to stick around at Booker T instead of transferring to Central for his credits he was working on.

I could see Booker T trying to make a run at these guys to bring them along. Mullins and Wright were from homestead area too. I know Mullins originally was gonna go to Homestead but he stuck with Gulliver due to the respect he has for them. Wright spent his freshman year at homestead.

You think they would seek to transfer out and try to make a run at states on another team?

I mean it's obvious the Gulliver kids like Mullins, Wright, Burns and Jackson are deserving of a much better team. I mean they can only do so much.

I mean seeing Booker T bring in the 3 homestead kids this year with Callaway, Davis and Alexander. And they were close to bringing Rasul before Walton decided to stick around at Booker T instead of transferring to Central for his credits he was working on.

I could see Booker T trying to make a run at these guys to bring them along. Mullins and Wright were from homestead area too. I know Mullins originally was gonna go to Homestead but he stuck with Gulliver due to the respect he has for them. Wright spent his freshman year at homestead.

You think they would seek to transfer out and try to make a run at states on another team?

I would expect a couple of those kids at BTW to be honest. Mullins is the most likely but I wonder with him being ineligible for the last half of the season where he stands academic wise.

I don't expect him to go to Westminster because there may be changes there.

But yes he always has seems to get nicked up every game but he is a young sophomore so maybe it's just him being a baby still.

I would expect a couple of those kids at BTW to be honest. Mullins is the most likely but I wonder with him being ineligible for the last half of the season where he stands academic wise.

I don't expect him to go to Westminster because there may be changes there.

But yes he always has seems to get nicked up every game but he is a young sophomore so maybe it's just him being a baby still.

I believe Mullins just turned 18 recently. So that could end up being an issue eligibility wise at some point next year. I believe the cutoff is 19 years old and 9 months so I'm guessing he'll be fine on that end. As for his grades I don't know much on that end.

And I'm sure with more work in the weight room and trusting his body Burns will be fine. Definitely something to monitor.

I would love for those Gulliver kids to come over to BTW, BTW could make another run again next year with them.

All 4 of them would benefit greatly from a much improved supporting cast.

You think maybe a kid like Darnell Salomon would consider transferring to BTW with all the issues for him and Champagnat Catholic?

By the way. Since which game did Dionte get ineligible? Last time I had saw him was a bit earlier in the season.

Advertisement
Back