2016 WR Snelson Looking to Blow Up Next Season

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2016 American Heritage (Fla.) wide receiver Dredrick Snelson wasn’t a main factor in the Patriot’s offense this year, but he’s hoping to change that for next season.

“I think I did good last season, I know it wasn’t my season but this year is going to be my season. I had like 12 catches, 6 touchdowns and around 357 yards. Right now, I’m looking for another state championship and do whatever for my team and my goal is to get at least 20 touchdowns and 1000 yards all purpose.”

Snelson is working with the South Florida Express this offseason and really appreciates the opportunity to work with wide receiver’s coach and offensive coordinator Kevin Beard.

“I feel like it’s great because I work out with him every week and I feel he’s like a mentor for me. He’s teaching me on the little things I thought I was doing good and I know I can be a better receiver, but I didn’t know the little points that make me better. I see him as a mentor for me.”

The 5’11 181 pound receiver is still very young to the recruiting process, but that has not held schools from courting him.

“Clemson, Miami, Purdue, UCF, Nebraska, Wisconsin and North Carolina have all offered me.”

While the American Heritage product has quite the list of schools to choose from, he claims to have no favorites.

“No schools are leading right now, I’m open to all.”

The most recent offer for the speedy receiver came from the hometown Hurricanes and it was a very precious moment for the playmaker.

“Miami’s a home school, it’s a backyard. I mean it’s Miami I have to like them. I mean I knew it was coming, but I didn’t expect it that early and it meant a lot. They’re telling me they can use me and my time is coming and that I just have to wait on it.”

Another ACC school that has caught the eye of Snelson is the Clemson Tigers and their potent offense.

“I like Clemson and the way they use their receivers a lot. I can see like when my time comes there I can go in there and break Sammy Watkins records and I just like the way they use the receivers and prepare them for the NFL.”

There are a few schools that Snelson is getting interest from that he is looking to garner an offer from.

“Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Ole Miss and Tennessee.”

The only trip Snelson has planned at the moment is one to Florida State on February 29th.

What’s it going to secure a commitment from Snelson?

“Surrounding, a place where my mom can get to me and I just have to have a bond with the coaches and see myself at the school for the next 3 or 4 years.”

Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2582111/dredrick-snelson

Advertisement
Dredrick Snelson sounds like a name you give to the cops if you're named Derrick Nelson but you know you've got warrants.

Advertisement
Back