2016 QB Huntley Garnering Large Interest

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
For 2016 Hallandale (Fla.) quarterback Tyler Huntley, the spotlight isn’t something that’s very new to him after starting as a sophomore for the Chargers last season.

“It makes you stronger because you can go through every game and try to lead them to victory.”

Huntley is continuing to work on his game by not only participating in multiple camps, but he’s also working on the mental aspect of his game.

“I’m starting to learn more coverages and identify them more easily throughout the game.”

The 5’11 170 pound quarterback is still young with the recruiting process, but that’s not holding back schools from showing their interest.

“a lot of schools have interest in me like UNC, FAU, LSU, Duke, The U and Ohio State.”

The hometown Hurricanes are a school that have caught the eye of Huntley as well as the Tar Heels.

“(about Miami)I like the environment of it and it’s close to home. It’s nice. With UNC, I also like the environment and their coaches.”

This summer Huntley plans on participating in more camps in hopes of getting more interest from schools.

“I plan on attending the Florida State camp, the Miami camp and the LSU camp as well as the Ohio State camp.”

When asked what he will be looking for in a school, being comfortable at the school will be key.

“Some of the keys for me is, a team that I fit in and a nice coaching staff that I can talk to my coaching staff a lot.”

Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1915990/highlights/87420387

Super 7 Spotlight from South Florida High School Sports: http://sfhighschoolsports.com/videogallery/super-7-spotlight-tyler-huntley/

Advertisement
Great work, Tito. Hopefully Huntley has a more positive view of Miami than his Hallandale teammate, Kilby-Lane.

There's clearly a lot to like about Huntley in those highlights. Throws a beautiful deep ball and showed an ability to keep plays alive with his legs while continuing to keep his eyes downfield. The ball explodes out of his hand and comes out with velocity, which is a testament to his arm strength.

The one thing that stood out as a red flag was his release, but I believe DMoney mentioned recently that he cleaned it up during 7-on-7s.

Advertisement
Back