2016 QB Allison Set to be a Hurricane

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
While he may not have signed a national letter of intent, 2016 Palmetto (Fla.) quarterback Jack Allison is all set up to be enrolled into the University of Miami in January.

While the moment of signing the Aid Agreement didn’t accompany a huge crowd or the suspense of other prospects who choose their school on National Signing Day, Allison said the moment was just as special.

“It was an awesome feeling to finally get something in paper and sign it, it’s just awesome,” said Allison. “Even though I was already committed to Miami, just signing that removes all the stress from the recruiting process.”

One thing Allison is certainly looking forward to when he arrives in Miami is getting a chance to learn under quarterback Brad Kaaya.

“I’m excited for it, just to see what he did as a freshman. I look up to him a lot just because of his knowledge of the game,” said Allison. “I feel like once I get there I’m going to learn so much from him and coach (James) Coley.

As always there are large expectations for the Miami Hurricanes in 2015 and commit Jack Allison feels Brad Kaaya and the team are capable of capturing an ACC title.

“I think we have a chance to win the ACC championship because we have Brad coming back which is huge and I think that Florida State lost a lot of guys and I think we have a chance to come out champs this year.”

Allison plans on being with the Hurricane coaches and other recruits for the Hurricanes annual “U-Day” event on August 9th. Allison looks forward to the chance to interact with coaches and other recruits alike.

“I’m gonna be down there on Sunday for ‘U-Day’,I’m excited to see all the recruits because I’m always down to talk. It should be a great time.”

The 6’5 200 pound quarterback like many other recruits follows recruiting closely and keeps himself updated with the Hurricanes 2016 recruiting class. While some have shown concern about the class due to recent decommitment’s, Allison doesn’t seem concerned.

“I’m not too worried about it, the 2016 class even with those decommitments is amazing and Miami fans shouldn’t worry.”

There are even rumors floating around that speculate the Florida Gators could be in play to sway the Tampa quarterback away from the Hurricanes, Allison didn’t pay it much attention.

“It doesn’t matter, I’m a Miami Hurricane.”

Allison is heading into his senior year with the goal in mind of leading his team to the district title. With that goal Allison is aware he has to keep the intensity high in practice and keep the team together.
“We’re really trying to win a district championship this year and I’m just trying to be the best leader I can be on and off the field.”

While most would assume that Allison would set some passing and scoring goals for himself this season, Allison is solely focused on winning and doing his job.

“I’m just really trying to spread the ball around as much as I can and just win games for the team.”

Allison season starts off against Booker (Fla.) on August 21st.

-Said he really liked the new uniforms and says there’s more we haven’t seen.

-Thoughts on the Tom Brady scandal: “I think that every quarterback in the league deflates footballs in the cold and everyone is just mad that Tom Brady has 4 Superbowls.”

Advertisement
Why don't yall ask these kids what will be the move if a coaching change happens?? Unless you ask those questions off the record

He is the next troy aikmen if we don't win games this year, allegedly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back