2016 OL Reese One to Watch

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2016 Fort Pierce Central (Fla.) offensive linemen Stewart Reese may not be a very popular name as of now, but he’s hard to miss in person.

Reese, who stands at 6’6 315 pounds, was at the Miami NFTC on sunday looking to compete and show off his skills.

“I’m trying to get a feel for where I’m at amongst the other linemen in the state of Florida because you never know what’s out there and I’m just trying to prepare the best way I know how.”

During the offseason, Reese has been doing a plethora of other activities such as working out with his own football coaches and he plans to hit some camps.

“Training with my football coaches in the offseason, I’m gonna hit a few camps. No camps in specific, but just football camps.”

The 2016 monster offensive linemen is hearing from three schools at the moment, but is excited to hear from more.

“FSU, Miami and FAU.”

All schools stand even for the Fort Pierce Central product as of now, but went into detail on what he likes about both Florida State and Miami.

“Florida State, as everybody knows they did win the BCS championship. Other than that I had some family members that went there, but I really don’t know much about them.”

“Miami, I know somebody that goes there. They did pretty good this year; ranked in the top 10.”

Reese doesn’t have any visits booked for either school soon, but he does plan on seeing both schools in the future.

Playing time will play big into Reese’s decision as he understands how valuable it is in today’s football world.

“I’m trying to look for playing time because you never can go any farther than that if you don’t play and second I’m looking for the best place that fits my personality and also the best place that has the best athletics as well as academics.”

Highlights:http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2287546/stewart-reese

Advertisement
I coached against him in basketball this year up here in Winter Park in the playoffs. The kid is huge but didn't see the floor. I don't know much about him but I know we have offered and that I hope we grab him. You definitely can't miss him.

I Like big time!!! Really light on his feet, has really good pass block technique and gets out of his stance quickly. No doubt should be top OT prospect. Problem is FSU has dominated the area recently. Gaytors stole Bostwick year before. Didn't get a whole lot of interest in the Canes in this story.

Advertisement
http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1512425-one-of-the-best-in-the-sunshine-state

Free Article about Reese
ONE OF THE BEST IN THE SUNSHINE STATE

Four-star Fort Pierce (Fla.) Central offensive lineman Stewart Reese is one of the premier prospects in the Sunshine State for the class of 2016, possessing a lengthy list of BCS offers early on.

A massive presence in the trenches at 6-foot-6, 330-pounds, Fort Pierce (Fla.) Central offensive lineman Stewart Reese is a bulldozer who engulfs his opponent in a hurry on the football field.

Reese, who's poised to shift his talents inside from tackle once he hits the college scene a year from now, has garnered a boatload of offers from the likes of Alabama, Florida State, Florida, Miami, Michigan State, Auburn and UCF. Reese is nabbed as a four-star prospect and the No. 8 ranked guard on Scout early on.

"The process has been going pretty good and I like all of the schools that have came through so far," Reese said. "I got to talk to (Alabama head coach) Nick Saban the other day. Miami's Al Golden came by to see me and I got to meet the new Florida head coach (Jim McElwain), so I'm pretty happy with the recruiting process so far."

When it comes to the Crimson Tide, their rich pipeline to the NFL ranks is something that's absorbed the attention of the four-star prospect thus far.

"I actually grew up a Florida State fan, but when my cousin left, I became an Alabama fan," Reese said. "I just like the team and they have a lot of people in the NFL right now. I feel like they have a pretty good program and they're pretty up academically as well.

"I didn't expect to see coach Saban. I was in the ceremony for Signing Day and my coach pulled me off to the side and said Nick Saban wanted to talk to me. I had to get back and process what he even said (laughter)."
Reese has yet to familiarize himself with Jim McElwain's vision at the University of Florida, but has plenty of time to do so with National Signing Day nearly a whole year away.

"I don't know too much about Florida," Reese said. "I just knew they were pretty good, but other than that, Florida State is the one I really know about. Florida State, I have a lot of history with them. I know a lot of people that came through Florida State."

Football will always have a place in Reese's heart, but he knows that it doesn't last forever. Receiving a top-notch degree and being able to fulfill his potential in the classroom will always come first for the offensive lineman.

"Hopefully I can get to a couple of one-day camps that's within driving distance," Reese said. "I don't want to fly out somewhere and be gone for a long period of time because I still have school and I don't want to miss anything.

"When choosing a program, it will have to be a school that sounds athletically and academically. I don't want to go to a school that's known just for the sports because I want to study something in the medical field. That's what I'm looking for in a school."

Reese, who claims no early leaders in his recruitment, is in no hurry to make a selection and will do his due diligence.
"I don't want to take it too fast because I've seen what happens when you try to take it too fast," Reese said. "I just feel like if I take my time, I'll make the right choice."

Last edited:
Would love to see us secure a mammoth OL like this. Parker Boudreaux headed to SEC. We gotta lock down S-O-M because those central and N. Fla boys like those fishing and hunting schools.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back