2015 WR Spence commits to Miami

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami picked up its third commitment for the 2015 class today, and Signing Day 2014 is not even here yet. Flanagan WR Emonee Spence (pronounce E-MAH-NEE) pulled the trigger on the spot when he was offered by the coaching staff.

“I kind of knew it was coming at first, so it wasn’t a surprise. When Coach Al offered me, they took me on a tour and then I told them I wanted to commit after that,” said Spence.

The 6-3, 180-pound receiver had a couple of reasons for choosing Miami this early.

“Everybody has a plan of going to the NFL, but the academic part was what I was more concerned about. My mom was very excited because she has always wanted me to stay close to home.”

What else did he like about the program?

“I grew up a Miami fan. I felt the family connection when I was walking around campus and meeting the players.”

Spence does not know if he will be taking a look at other schools or if he is solid with his Miami commitment.

“I’m not fully sure, but I know that Miami is the place I want to be at. As far as me taking other visits to other schools, I don’t know. I have to talk about that with my family.”

When asked to describe his ability on the field, Spence’s answer was simple.

“I’m just a playmaker. Everybody has something they need to work on, but I’m just a playmaker.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Nice film! Looks like him and that hippy QB are gonna put up crazy numbers together next year!

We need WRs in 2015 and he looks like a solid overall addition. A nice complimentary piece to go with (hopefully) Ridley and SBB.

Advertisement
Not sure about the wheels. Great route runner. That qb is a must get. Sunshine is gonna be a great qb if he has his head scrEwed on

Advertisement
His highlight tape was solid. He knows he has to work on alot so he will improve in weak areas overall i like him. hopefully we get that qb from flanagan too. kid is a baller.

Advertisement
Back