2015 WR Durante Keeping His Options Open

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2015 Miami Norland (Fla.) wide receiver Jovon Durante has bounced around schools this offseason, but now feels at home with the Vikings.

“The transition has been good; when I was at Jackson, the environment wasn’t for me. So I had to get out from that environment and get somewhere comfortable for me. Everything is great at Norland; practice is going good, school is going good grade wise. Everything is going good.”

Durante has been putting in a tremendous effort this offseason to get better and further improve his skills.

“Every weekend I’m doing off season work outs, I play 7 on 7 for the Florida Fire. Every time we go out of town we play against the best and that’s like practice.”

Durante has been committed to West Virginia since the summer and is almost fully committed.

“I’ve been talking to the coaches every week, so I’m 95% committed right now. I was 85% before, but now it’s around 95%.”

Over a dozen schools seem to be making a big push for the 6’1 170 pound receiver.

“I’m talking to a bunch of schools Florida, Florida State, USC, Marshall.”

The school that is trailing the Mountaineer’s closely is the SEC Champion Auburn Tigers

“Auburn, it’s a college environment. I got a chance to go up there for their game against Alabama and it was fun. I was on the sideline for the game, I was literally on the sideline while watching the game . I like the offense and how it’s ran, I like coach (Gus) Malzahn. He’s a cool dude and he’s down to earth.”

Durante has a familiar connection with the team with former Miami Beach star Ricardo Louis starring at wide receiver for the team.

“There’s a player on the team, Ricardo Louis. I played against him while he was at Miami Beach and he told me, he can’t lie to me and he told me how it is and it’s great.”

The third school after the Tigers is the Miami Hurricanes, who he admits are recruiting him vigorously.

“They’re the third school and they’re on me hard. Miami, there’s nothing like playing at home and playing at the Dolphin’s stadium. Miami plays their freshmen too and they had success through out the year.”

The Miami Norland product plans to take a big road trip during this spring break.

“During my spring break I’m gonna be seeing Louisville, USC, Florida, LSU, Marshall, West Virginia.”

When it comes to a final choice, the top 2 schools behind West Virginia could easily be landing spots.

“My top 2 are Auburn and Miami. It’s a 75 percent chance of me de-committing and staying at home here or there’s a 75 percent chance of me de-committing and heading up the road.”

Highlights:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctexoWea6uI

Advertisement
Ok, let me see if I get this straight........75% chance he de-commits and comes to the U, 75% chance he de-commits and goes up the road? Does that mean that he will 100% de-commit from WVU? I'm confused :noidea:

Advertisement
Ok, let me see if I get this straight........75% chance he de-commits and comes to the U, 75% chance he de-commits and goes up the road? Does that mean that he will 100% de-commit from WVU? I'm confused :noidea:

there's a 150% chance of him decommitting ... duh

And there is a -232% chance he recommits before decommiting and then signs with an unknown school.

Advertisement
What ever happened to his brother Johnnie? Many of you may forget that Javon was once an FIU commitment because of his brother Johnnie...

I have a headache after reading all those percentages. An Asian mathematician couldn't figure that **** out.

not a fan.....

Kid is like 150 pds.....and he just weighed in at that this yr.

Lamar Parker was light ...but kid had prerequisite burners and quickness....he is an outside guy..

Jovon Durante Northwestern (FL) FL WR 15 5-11 146 4.46 37.0 32.1

The 4.46 is his shuttle number....32 vert....i think he would fit better in the o they have at wvu

Advertisement
Advertisement
What's the word from those in the know on Emonee Spence? Is he fast? Big potential? A Beast? How does he stack up against Ridley, Phillips or Peete etc.

Ok so there is a 245% chance that he either goes to WV, Auburn or UM.... Anyone else notice the Marshall reference? I think when a recruit list Marshall its probably like 379% that he isn't qualifying any **** where but... Marshall

Advertisement
Back