2015 RB Scarlett Reflects on Season

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2015 RB Jordan Scarlett from University School is on his way to having one of the great careers in South Florida high school football history. After bursting onto the scene during his freshman season, he followed up his opening act by helping his team to a state title this season.

"It was a really big moment for the program and me in general. A lot of people thought or program couldn't do it, so no better way to do it than that," said Scarlett.

Scarlett spoke on some improvements he made in his game this past season.

"I made some really good progress. I got a lot bigger and faster and used more of my agility, not only my speed."

Most consider Scarlett as a complete back already, but he is still striving to perfect certain parts of his game.

"I'm really gonna start working on my hands because they will probably split me out in the slot some this year and I will catch some balls put of the backfield too."

The past few years in South Florida have been loaded with high-level talent at the running back position, which is something Scarlett has contributed to.

"I used to look at a couple of them as role models with me growing up. It's the best-of-the-best down here so you want to be able to give it your all hopefully come out as the best."

The 5'11", 200-lb sophomore has a couple backs he tries to model his game after.

"I would say Adrian Peterson because he runs like a beast. He runs through people and is just a really great running back. I look at Trent Richardson too because I was a really big Alabama fan when he was playing and a lot of people say I look like him, which is a great compliment."

With offers from the likes Alabama, Ohio State, LSU, and Miami amongst others, Scarlett is taking the recruiting process nice and slow.

"No schools are really sticking out right now, but I'm looking at the Florida schools."

One school that has caught the attention of Scarlett early on is Ohio State.

"The last offer I got was Ohio State. Coach Urban Meyer came down to the school and he gave me an offer on the spot, so I was really excited for that. I have a lot of offers right now, and I'm grateful for them so I just want to stay humble and focus on winning another state championship."

The U-School star was actually on the Miami campus this week.

"At my school, we had like a sophomore day when we went to the University of Miami and we went on Tuesday. It was a nice experience and I learned a lot about the school. I saw the campus and the academics part of it, which is really the most important part of it."

Advertisement
This kid is an absolute monster and I really don't care who we have in the backfield come next year... I would still love to see this kid in orange and green. Go Canes!!:neonu:

5'11", 200-lb sophomore
big-eye-acting.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Trust me this kid is the No. 1 RB in the nation in 2015. No one more dominant as a sophomore. I feel sometimes he doesn't get the amount of carries he should.

Yeah, I do not feel good about this kid ending up here

The interview doesn't sound like he loves the Canes and I'm just skeptical of this University School, I hope to God I'm wrong though.

Advertisement
If we land Cook or Sony along with Yearby this year it's going to take some good talkin' into to pull him away from the SEC you'd have to imagine. Hope he's a mamas boy.

If we land Cook or Sony along with Yearby this year it's going to take some good talkin' into to pull him away from the SEC you'd have to imagine. Hope he's a mamas boy.

If landing 2 top RB this year scared him, I don't want him.

Exactly, especially when he is in the same backyard as all of those guys just look at Bama. they sign 4 or 5 rbs per year and none of them are intimidated now thats the rbs you want

Advertisement
Why were JAckson, Davenport, Gore, Portis, and McGahee awesome? Because they not only were stud runners, but they also didn't give a **** about who else was on the depth chart.

Wait so the U School has a day where they send kids to Miami to check it out?

I was assured by this board that the U and the U School were sworn enemies.

Why were JAckson, Davenport, Gore, Portis, and McGahee awesome? Because they not only were stud runners, but they also didn't give a **** about who else was on the depth chart.

Gore, Portis, James and Mcgahee have hall of fame type careers and played a decade in the league now you tell me if they wanted to carry the load in college and shorten their career. If that isnt enough look at Montee Ball he broke records as a junior carrying the load and now aftr his senior year nobody is talking about him in the draft hmmmmmmmm.

I think it's safe to say things have changed a bit since 2000ish. Playing time is much more of a priority now then ever. Not every kid has the "I'll back up a stud for two years and wait my turn" attitude anymore.

Advertisement
Back