2015 QB Watson Becoming a Leader

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
While the class of 2015 is filled with a tremendous amount of players at the skill position such as Tyrek Cole, Jovon Durante and others, the quarterback position is one that is not as heralded. Jowan Watson is looking to be a top prospect for his class.

Watson is apart of a Gulliver team that is filed with young and upcoming prospects who are looking to improve upon last years team results.

“As a team we are doing workouts every during, then after workouts we go out to the field and are doing 7 on 7 drills and working on our timing. Also working on the individual stuff and technique and stuff.”

The 5’11 190 pound quarterback won the starting job last year and is really looking to lead his team this year.

“I worked myself up to the starting position. Now, I feel as if I’m becoming a better leader not only in the huddle, but off the field for our team. I’m hoping to lead us to a better season next year, because we came short in the second round of the playoff’s last year.”

The Gulliver product feels he works as a quarterback similar to Seattle Seahawks play caller Russell Wilson.

“I would most compare myself to Russell Wilson from the Seahawks, because I use the short passing to set up the deep bomb. I won’t put our team in pressure, like I won’t throw a bomb when we only have to get five yards and I am reliable.”

Watson hasn’t been hearing from many schools lately but is looking to gain some interest from some schools with his upcoming season.

“I have been hearing from FIU, Colgate, FAMU and the college I’m really looking to here from right now is Auburn.”

Miami is a school Watson would like to hear from and would definitely have major interest in.

“I went to a camp last year, and I wasn’t really interested but if they look at me or offer me I’ll be very interested in.”

The academic side is something he really seems to enjoy about the school.

“I enjoy their persuasion of the significance of the education first and then football. Like setting your priorities straight and then playing football.”

One specific thing Watson will be looking for when choosing a school is the coaching aspect.

“The way the coaches coach the player, how close they are to the players and their priorities in life and if they can push them to not only be great football players but be great people in life.”

Advertisement
Appreciate you giving some insight to kids who may never be on Miamis radar but who are gonna play at the next level. Even if they aren't at the U, still have to support local talent at the next level.

Advertisement
Back