2015 Miramar star Brown gets UM offer

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
While the faxes were still coming in, this past Wednesday on National Signing Day, Al Golden and his staff were already getting locked in on the 2015 class.

They did this by offering 2015 Miramar (Fla.) offensive guard, Leeward Brown.

The six-foot-four, 330-pound mammoth of a human being, Brown, was pumped up when he received the offer from the 'Canes.

"They called my head coach while I was in school. I got to talk to Al Golden, the offensive coordinator James Coley, and the (offensive) line coach, Art Kehoe," Brown said.

"They told me that they had watched my film, that they like me a lot, and that they would like me to be a 'Cane," said Brown.

The Miami offer was Brown's third. The other two being from, South Florida, and Temple.

Brown did make the short trip down to Coral Gables a couple weekends ago for the 'Canes first junior day of 2014. He noticed a few things he liked about the hometown Hurricanes.

"First of all, the campus is beautiful," said Brown. "Plus, you know, I got my Miramar brothers on campus there, Malcolm Lewis and Tracy Howard."

For someone who has never seen Leeward play, here is how he describe's his game.

"If you line up in front of me, I know I'm going to beat you every time. You ain't going to touch my quarterback. I'm going to go after you every play like you trying to kill my family," said Brown. "I think of it like, my quarterback is my momma, and you ain't going to touch him. Same thing if we running the ball. My running back is my momma, and you ain't going to touch her either."

The dark horse in Brown's recruitment is West Virginia. Obviously, his former coach Damon Cogdell is now a defensive assistant there, and many current teammates are committed to the Mountaineers. Leeward plans to attend the West Virginia Spring game.

**Here are his highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/967476/leeward-brown Notice the wide frame and long arms.

*Photo taken by CARL JUSTE / MIAMI HERALD STAFF

Advertisement
"I think of it like, my quarterback is my momma, and you ain't going to touch him. Same thing if we running the ball. My running back is my momma, and you ain't going to touch her either."

Want.

Advertisement
24.jpeg

Want

Advertisement
Kids a beast trust me and dont look at the USF and Temple as the other 2 offers as something because he will BLOW UP in the near future. Cane fam put this man in that top group of oline targets all year long

Advertisement
didnt expect him to get an offer this early......

doesnt seem like the usual kehoe guy @ his weight....

but love the fact their in on him early......definite guard prospect...good chance of landing also..

Advertisement

but love the fact their in on him early......definite guard prospect...good chance of landing also..

UM/WVU battle like many ill bet

im all in on that one...most of the kids they get to go to wvu dont have the um offer.....

Cogdell will have strong pull with this one..but i fully expect wvu to stink up the field again this yr.....and were on this kid early...Miramar new hc is also their OL coach who i think has a relationship with Kehoe already

UM/WVU battle like many ill bet

im all in on that one...most of the kids they get to go to wvu dont have the um offer.....

Cogdell will have strong pull with this one..but i fully expect wvu to stink up the field again this yr.....and were on this kid early...Miramar new hc is also their OL coach who i think has a relationship with Kehoe already

Dont underestimate Cogdell. I known the man since I was 14 and im 23 now and I can tell you from even before Miramar actually became a good football school until now he's LOVED and I mean LOVED by the players and students that go there. Though you're right about the kids and yes I will say UM has major pull in that area Cogdell never pushed anybody there so when it was UM vs WVU UM would win because as a recruiting school we're just better but the Cogdell factor will get some of the studs there. This will be a Kehoe special if we get him

Great news...a top target at guard a top position of need. I want Brown bad.. just keep working that relationship Kehoe

Advertisement
Back