2015 Miami Commit McIntosh Solidly Committed to Miami

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2015 Cardinal Gibbons (Fla.) defensive end Richard McIntosh has been a dual sport athlete at Cardinal Gibbons for four years and has become a lethal threat in both basketball and football. It takes a lot of preparation to maintain a competitive level in both sports and McIntosh has done it successfully.

“Staying healthy, constantly working out and practicing.”

The 6’4 270 pound defensive end is taking over the leadership roles from former seniors like Trevon Lee, Peyton Bender and George Rushing. McIntosh takes a lot of pride in staying on his teammates to keep them aggressive and working hard.

“We want to win a state championship. I feel like this year we can do it, we have a strong offense with new receivers and a strong running back Deon McIntosh, my brother. I always make sure the younger guys are doing the right thin and never slacking and stuff.”

The Cardinal Gibbons prospect committed to Miami in early July and remains solid in that pledge and felt at home when with the coaches.

“I felt like it’s the place to be. I have a nice relationship with the coaches and the players, it’s very comfortable atmosphere. It’s also close to home, which is a great thing. I feel like I have a great opportunity to come in and play.”

McIntosh has already spoken with one fellow Hurricane commitment in IMG Academy’s Scott Patchan. They spoke over twitter following the South Florida rush end’s commitment.

“I’ve talked to one of them; the D-end from Tampa. Scott Patchan, when he heard I committed he was really excited.”

McIntosh remains firmly committed to Miami, but still has plans to see a couple more schools during the year.

“I think I’m gonna take a couple of my official visits, maybe to Alabama or Florida State. My dad thinks it’s a great thing to do, I’m still 100% committed.”

Advertisement
Saw this kid in person for the first time and I really think Miami got a steal in him. Long, thick athletic freak who's potential is very high

Great to hear that his commitment is so solid. If we're able to land Wicker and/or Norton to go along with McIntosh and Patchan, that would be a very solid DL haul.

And his brother Deon is one **** of a talent at RB for 2016.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not to toot the horn of the crew here but is there any pay site that is even close to the quality and quantity of information from the writers and posting of what CIS puts out?

Not to toot the horn of the crew here but is there any pay site that is even close to the quality and quantity of information from the writers and posting of what CIS puts out?

274.gif

Advertisement
Why do folks feel that if your 270 now you cant play end ive seen fsu bama uf use 290+ de's for a few years now...imo you load up on a bunch of these jumbo dline types and then sprinkle in your traditional edge speed rushers

Advertisement
I always love the raw statements like you spend an entire career in high school. Technique, strength and speed needs refining for every recruit regardless. If he that slim at 270 then he'll easily be 275 by seasons end and 285 by fall next year. Big athletic types inside can cause as much problems as those 300+ plus brick walls.

Can't wait till his brother Deon decides to hop on the U train too. Richard really transformed his body from recent pictures of him. Really working in the gym.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back