2015 lineman Thomas impressed by UM

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
One of the players on Miami's recruiting board that has really blown up this off-season would be 2015 Many High (La.) offensive lineman Garrett Thomas.

Thomas, who stands six-foot-six, 309-pounds, was a Class 2A all-state pick in Louisiana this past season and was offered by Miami just around a month ago.

"I was obviously really excited about the offer," said Thomas. "I had really been hoping for it for a while because I've been talking to them for a while now so it's something I've really been looking forward to."

Thomas says he gave Miami wide receivers coach Brennan Carroll a call one day after messaging him on Facebook and that's when Carroll extended the official offer to him.

According to Thomas, Carroll told him that he wants him at Miami because he sees him making an immediate impact.

"They also tell me they really like my film and they think I would be a good fit there in their pro-style offense. They think it could help get me ready for the NFL and stuff like that," said Thomas.

Thomas also had some things that he likes about Miami.

"I really like the amount of guys they put in the NFL. The location is obviously great. They seem to really be a powerhouse program and they're always a threat and it's just a really good school," said Thomas.

Some of Thomas' biggest offers early on include, Michigan, Auburn, Mississippi State, TCU and Oklahoma State among others.

With a great 2014 class at the offensive line position, the Hurricanes staff is really looking to solidify their line with good depth out of the 2015 class.

The Hurricanes have done just that picking up two commitments early from Kevin Feder and Leeward Brown.

They will look to add another great lineman in Thomas who can contribute down the road and provide good depth early on his career.

Thomas describes himself as "A mauler. I really like to come off the ball and I excel in run blocking."

Here are Thomas' highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/807665/garrett-thomas

Photo via themblock.com

Advertisement
he's just an angry motherf@*ker on film. Punishes everyone on every play
lol felt bad for the other kids. lol
awesome…. still laughing
367.gif

Last edited:
Nash bringing that fiyah recently.

Question Nash, how do you choose which players to interview? IIRC you did a story on a Georgia OL recently as well.

Advertisement
Nash bringing that fiyah recently.

Question Nash, how do you choose which players to interview? IIRC you did a story on a Georgia OL recently as well.

Find guys that the staff has legitimate interest in or guys making an impact in south Florida.

plays a little high... but i like his aggressivness. not sure the level of competition he's playing against.

He could be a straight beast in college with that ****ed off style of play. He had that one kid in the dirt twice and then ran after another kid and laid him out in the same play....a thing of beauty.

One of the players on Miami's recruiting board that has really blown up this off-season would be 2015 Many High (La.) offensive lineman Garrett Thomas.

Thomas, who stands six-foot-six, 309-pounds, was a Class 2A all-state pick in Louisiana this past season and was offered by Miami just around a month ago.

"I was obviously really excited about the offer," said Thomas. "I had really been hoping for it for a while because I've been talking to them for a while now so it's something I've really been looking forward to."

Thomas says he gave Miami wide receivers coach Brennan Carroll a call one day after messaging him on Facebook and that's when Carroll extended the official offer to him.

According to Thomas, Carroll told him that he wants him at Miami because he sees him making an immediate impact.

"They also tell me they really like my film and they think I would be a good fit there in their pro-style offense. They think it could help get me ready for the NFL and stuff like that," said Thomas.

"I really like the amount of guys they put in the NFL. The location is obviously great. They seem to really be a powerhouse program and they're always a threat and it's just a really good school," said Thomas.

Some of Thomas' biggest offers early on include, Michigan, Auburn, Mississippi State, TCU and Oklahoma State among others.

With a great 2014 class at the offensive line position, the Hurricanes staff is really looking to solidify their line with good depth out of the 2015 class.

The Hurricanes have done just that picking up two commitments early from Kevin Feder and Leeward Brown.

They will look to add another great lineman in Thomas who can contribute down the road and provide good depth early on his career.

Thomas describes himself as "A mauler. I really like to come off the ball and I excel in run blocking."

Photo via themblock.com

Where is lsu in the picture? Didn't see an offer from them.

Advertisement

Photo via themblock.com

They haven't offered yet. I expect they will soon.

Big AGILE lineman with some brains (4.00 GPA)? I likes. Good job Nash.

Better yet, he looks like one of them boys who will jump on a 12 gator to show it who's boss. Let keep getting mean nasty types. I want our oline punching our dline in the face every play at practice until Dline gets mean and then meaner. Plus, if some candy dline EVER does that dancing around thing like Lousiville, I want some guy that do not give two craps about a penalty and just jump up and smack them in the friggin face.

Advertisement

Photo via themblock.com

Raising the funds for the offer.

Advertisement
Back