2015 LB Cherry idolizes Ray Lewis

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2015 LB Cecil Cherry (6', 220) from Frostproof High School (Fla.) is already a known commodity in the recruiting world, as he holds offers from Florida, Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Tennessee, and Louisville amongst others. Cherry says his formula to success is simple.

"I just love to hit people and come out motivated like Ray Lewis and that's my model," said Cherry.

Many young linebackers look up to Ray Lewis, so what is Cherry drawn to when it comes to the all-time great?

"I love his speeches because they're always true. I love how even if he's not making a play, he's around the ball. I like to say speeches like he does."

Cherry has blown up in the past few months, which is not necessarily something he expected to happen.

"It's all a surprise. When I was little, I started at the bottom now I'm here. I'm enjoying it, but I have to keep going harder like I don't have anything."

Cherry holds offers from the big three in the state of Florida, but that's not something he's letting get to him.

"I'm a person that's god-gifted and they see that not everybody can have that ability like me. I just have to have the wisdom, let God lead me, stay humble, and don't get a big head."

When asked if he grew up a fan of any schools in particular, Cherry had an interesting response.

"I liked Miami, Texas, and Ray Lewis as a person. After that, I wasn't really into anything else."

Cherry attended Miami's final junior day last weekend and spoke on what he likes about the program.

"They got the most people in the league. I visited the school and I felt myself in that atmosphere. I was there Saturday and chilled with Al Golden. The basketball game was live with people getting loud and I felt like a Miami player the way me and the coaches were playing with each other."

The hard-hitting linebacker has taken a trip to Gainesville to visit UF as well.

"I visited Florida, but it was alright. I didn't feel how I felt at Miami. I still have more options to go visit."

**Coach Jethro Franklin was the Miami coach who extended the offer
**Cherry said of his relationship with Micheal Barrow, "We're really, really close"
**He is weigh-lifting and doing track (shot-put) now in the offseason
**Plans on majoring in Sports Management

Last edited:
Advertisement
2015 LB Cecil Cherry (6", 220) from Frostproof High School (Fla.) is already a known commodity in the recruiting world, as he holds offers from Florida, Florida State, Miami, Clemson, Tennessee, and Louisville amongst others. Cherry says his formula to success is simple.

"I just love to hit people and come out motivated like Ray Lewis and that's my model," said Cherry.

Many young linebackers look up to Ray Lewis, so what is Cherry drawn to when it comes to the all-time great?

"I love his speeches because they're always true. I love how even if he's not making a play, he's around the ball. I like to say speeches like he does."

Cherry has blown up in the past few months, which is not necessarily something he expected to happen.

"It's all a surprise. When I was little, I started at the bottom now I'm here. I'm enjoying it, but I have to keep going harder like I don't have anything."

Cherry holds offers from the big three in the state of Florida, but that's not something he's letting get to him.

"I'm a person that's god-gifted and they see that not everybody can have that ability like me. I just have to have the wisdom, let God lead me, stay humble, and don't get a big head."

When asked if he grew up a fan of any schools in particular, Cherry had an interesting response.

"I liked Miami, Texas, and Ray Lewis as a person. After that, I wasn't really into anything else."

Cherry attended Miami's final junior day last weekend and spoke on what he likes about the program.

"They got the most people in the league. I visited the school and I felt myself in that atmosphere. I was there Saturday and chilled with Al Golden. The basketball game was live with people getting loud and I felt like a Miami player the way me and the coaches were playing with each other."

The hard-hitting linebacker has taken a trip to Gainesville to visit UF as well.

"I visited Florida, but it was alright. I didn't feel how I felt at Miami. I still have more options to go visit."

**Coach Jethro Franklin was the Miami coach who extended the offer
**Cherry said of his relationship with Micheal Barrow, "We're really, really close"
**He is weigh-lifting and doing track (shot-put) now in the offseason
**Plans on majoring in Sports Management

he is going to climb up the QB and bite his nuts

Looks like 2015 can be just as loaded as 2014. These next 2 recruiting classes can really make this program unstoppable again.

I like how he compared the Miami visit to the UF visit.

Sounds like if he sees a Ray Lewis speech in person he'd be a Cane on the spot.

Advertisement
Great News, the only thing I would say Al needs now in recruiting is getting guys in the Front 7 consistently. We are not going hard after enough of those guys. Hopefully this will be a big recruiting win for us.

I like this guy. He crazy:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back