2015 Irvin Keeping Options Wide Open

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2015 Westminster (Fla.) ATH Tim Irvin has been playing for the Warriors for three years and it looks like it’s all coming together now in his junior year.

“Coming into the summer, it’s been hard practices. We’ve been coming in with intensity, putting in the work, listening to our coaches and basically doing everything we have to do as a team.”

Irvin is looking to make strides with his team this season and is focusing in on one game in particular.

“One of the games I want to focus in on is Gulliver. It’s gonna be a tough game. It’s gonna be at their field and that’s a big matchup I’m gonna be looking for.”

The 5’10 190-pound athlete has been hearing from schools dating back to his freshman year of high school and is still in contact with many of the schools.

While some would consider it a hassle to be bothered by coaches and scouts for three years, he appreciates the opportunity.

“It’s not really annoying or fun, it’s just like exciting to hear from all the coaches.”

Despite hearing from almost every school in the nation, Irvin claims he has no leaders for the moment.

“The recruiting process is going pretty good right now, I don’t have a favorite college as of right now, I’m just open to every school.”

Some schools recruiting the Westminster product include Alabama, Miami, Florida State, Florida and West Virginia.

The Crimson Tide really caught the speedy playmaker’s eye during the year and he is really intrigued by the job Coach Saban has done.

“Alabama is a great environment to go in, Nick Saban is a strict coach. My uncle played for him at Michigan State, he told me if you want to play for Nick Saban, it’s gonna be ****, he is gonna ride you and that it’s gonna be about straight business.”

The Hurricanes are another program that the versatile player is interested in and has been talking to for a while now.

“UM is a great environment, it’s a hometown and a great feeling. UM is basically home, everything goes around, everybody is riding around talking about UM. Coach Golden is a great coach and I like how Paul Williams, the defensive backs coach, I like how he is playing his DB’s.”

UM currently hasn’t established what position they want Irvin at yet, however they are making it clear that they want him.

“Last time when I went to the camp, they were looking at me as an athlete. Coach Paul Williams and Hurlie Brown said they think I should play running back and DB.”

The shifty athlete has no preference for position, but rather just wants to enjoy the game he plays.

“ I just want to play where ever coaches put me, I just want to play football. That’s why I came out, so where ever coaches want me to play I’ll play.”

Irvin has no lack of choices when it comes to schools, but staying home or going away for college is something he will decide later.

“Well I have family and relatives that stay in Miami, so it’s going to be a big decision for me. I’m gonna sit down with them and talk to them about Miami and everything like that, but I really don’t know as of right now.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tito ... Any particular reason you didn't mention that relationship, then? Just asking ...

I usually do ask, but I feel like when I ask a kid the same question every time it can get annoying, but he did tell me that Michael Irvin tells him Miami is the place for him.

The vibe I got from him was that it's Miami and Alabama at the top right now with everyone trailing. I've also heard that Alabama is being pushed by people around him

Tito ... Any particular reason you didn't mention that relationship, then? Just asking ...

I usually do ask, but I feel like when I ask a kid the same question every time it can get annoying, but he did tell me that Michael Irvin tells him Miami is the place for him.

The vibe I got from him was that it's Miami and Alabama at the top right now with everyone trailing. I've also heard that Alabama is being pushed by people around him

everyone always pushes the #1 ranked school.

Advertisement

everyone always pushes the #1 ranked school.

Cedric Irvin is close with Saban. Hope Uncle Mike can influence him

sedrick also coached under saban.....so it will be a dogfight between us and Bama for sure the rest of the way....

This yr i fully expect bama to be knocked off their high horse...so we shall see.

Advertisement
Man that will be wonderful to see...I cant wait for the reign to end.
sedrick also coached under saban.....so it will be a dogfight between us and Bama for sure the rest of the way....

This yr i fully expect bama to be knocked off their high horse...so we shall see.

No ... I mean why didn't you mention in the piece that he is related to Michael Irvin? What is the relationship??

No ... I mean why didn't you mention in the piece that he is related to Michael Irvin? What is the relationship??

mike is his uncle

Alabama's success the past couple seasons is fresh in every recruits mind in these next couple of classes so no surprise even though he has the last name "Irvin" he likes what he hears and sees from a team that's won 3 of the last 4 NCs

It is what it is. But if we get back to where we belong it will be a non factor what anyone else is doing

Advertisement
Back