2015 DE gets UM offer

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
Miami's coaching staff made it known that it was not taking a day off from the recruiting trail on this holiday.

They made waves in Broward county today by offering standout 2015 defensive end Jason Strowbridge. Strowbridge had a breakout year this year at Deerfield Beach high school.

"My trainer, Tony Sands, is good friends with (Miami running backs coach) Hurlie Brown and they talk a lot. So I got to school today and there was a rumor that I got offered," Strowbridge told CanesInsight.com. "I didn't know for sure. My dad called (Brown) today to make sure and they actually did."

The six-foot-four, 241-pound Strowbridge was pleased the 'Canes finally offered, but had been expecting it for a while.

"I was thinking it was about time because they was always sending me mail and stuff and kept saying they need me and all that but I never saw an offer so I was kind of confused," said Strowbridge.

While the 'Canes may have kept Strowbridge guessing, they have always had his interest.

"(Miami's) real close to home. It's a real family atmosphere, so I feel more at home there than any other school really," Strowbridge said.

Strowbridge is looking forward to Miami's next Junior day on January 26, as he plans to be in attendance.

Strowbridge just returned from San Antonio, Texas where he competed in the US Army All-American combine where he and some of the top underclassmen from around the country showed off their athleticism and skills.

"I did pretty good in the one-on-one's. I had a bad 40-yard dash but I had a good vert, and shuttle," said Strowbridge.

He also wants to hear from a couple more colleges such as, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, and Ole Miss

**Strowbridge notes that his other three offers are from Marshall, Temple, and West Virginia

**Strowbridge describes his play style as "relentless."Here are his highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2831550/jason-strowbridge

Last edited:
Advertisement
I remember this young man on tape. #55. I hope he becomes a cane. God knows you can never have too many talented defensive linemen. Guys like this are what wins games is all done at the line of scrimmage. Go Canes.

Advertisement
tony sands is not a bad guy to know in the south florida community ....he knows a lot of parents and does a lot of training...

uh-oh- Marshall, Temple and WVU? Thankfully, he has time to get his marks sorted out if there's a problem

Nash putting in work once again.

Strowbridge is a good, rugged player. He stood up a bit when I saw him against Monarch but he's more of a down defensive end in this system IMO.

Advertisement
textbook de in our scheme......kid is a beast...played both ways for deerfield...made alot o fplays..has the pre requisite size...will be a 6'4 255 plus de as a freshman imo.

Tony has trained some pretty good athletes and is highly respected down here. Tony's son, Deltron, is a stud who should come into his own for STA this year.

Advertisement
Danny Thomas got his offer yet? We seem slow rolling out these 15' offers

I think they like to wait until the Golden camp for these 15 prospects unless they are sure of the talent.they want kids to experience the campus as well as evaluate them thoroughly. its been working for them so they why break it.

Hurlie could well be a young Butch in the making. If he brings TV back from the claws of L$U, he needs a bonus.

Alabama offers 2015 Deerfield Beach DE Jason Strowbridge #RecruitingBlitz
9:37am - 27 Jan 14

Advertisement
LMFAO. Cristobal has the best gig on Earth. Dude is making a fortune, working under Saban, and does nothing but just offer every kid Miami offers. LOL

LMFAO. Cristobal has the best gig on Earth. Dude is making a fortune, working under Saban, and does nothing but just offer every kid Miami offers. LOL

Maybe he should have placed his attention on coaching, as his OL got trampled in the bowl game. Obviously, can't multi-task successfully.

Advertisement
Back