2015 CB Tyrek Cole talks about Miami

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
2015 Miramar CB Tyrek Cole might just be one of the best prospects to come out of the Broward county in recent memory. Although just a sophomore last season, Cole played a vital part in their defensive system.

If you have watched Cole's highlights or even seen him in person, you notice he is an aggressive player. One who doesn't sit back in zone coverage waiting for a lob of a throw. He goes out and makes plays. He is real quick and mirrors the opposing receiver with ease. It's also not bad to be compared to former Miramar product and current 'Cane, Tracy Howard.

"Those comparisons make me want to work harder." said Cole. "It makes me think I could be the number one cornerback in the nation too. So why not work hard? Because Tracy was the number one cornerback in the nation, so I work hard to try and be that too."

Many schools have taken interest in Cole. He currently holds four offers from the likes of Florida, West Virginia, Florida State, and Miami.

When asked about his favorite thing about Miami was he said "I love the academics, and secondly I love the whole program because it's a nice program. It has a lot of good talent and I like to win so I want to be around a lot of talent."

WIth the Spring football season approaching rapidly Cole said he has a lot he wants to improve on. "I want to read the quarterback's drop steps more and focus getting a little quicker in my transitions."

In 2012, Cole recorded 2 interceptions, 28 tackles, and 22 pass breakups. The Hurricanes will want to land this playmaker sometime down the road.

Advertisement
82.gif

Last edited:
As I finished reading this story "Put on" started playing in my headphones - put on for your city, Tyrek.

Advertisement
Hopefully the 3 UFag alums in his family dont put any pressure on him.

Advertisement
Hopefully the 3 UFag alums in his family dont put any pressure on him.

He sounds like having a lot of respect for Howard, so playing with him and Lewis and Grace should be a better advantage than having alums in his family...

He definitely has a lot of respect for those guys. Just speaking with him and you can tell how much he admires those guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back