2015 CB Robinson Still Working Hard

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
Coming off of a state championship, 2015 Champagnat (Fla.) cornerback Gerald Robinson has been hitting the weight room hard as well as working on his game.

“I’ve been lifting weights Monday through Friday and then on the weekends I’ve been doing 7 on 7 with my Strong Arm guys.”

Robinson made it clear that he is looking to gain muscle heading into next season and wants to enter the fall at 182 pounds.

“I would like to get my weight up a little bit more. I’m weighting 175 right now, I want to be around 182 by the end of the summer.”

The Strong Arm 7 on 7 football team isn’t the most popular team in South Florida, but the 5’10 175 pound corner is looking to change that.

“I want to get better and we’re not really known compared to the South Florida Express, so I want to get better and make that happen.”

Recruiting has definitely picked up for the 2015 cornerback as he is hearing from multiple new schools.

“Syracuse, Kentucky, USF, UCF, Cincinnati, and Clemson.”

While it’s still early in terms of the recruiting process for Robinson, he does have a top list of schools.

“My top 3, and this is in no order, are Florida, Syracuse and Kentucky.”

The Wildcats are a school that have been on Robinson from the get-go and his visit there during the last summer have made quite the impression on him.

“It was fun going up there and learning a lot from coach (Derrick) Ansley.”

While the Florida Gators have yet to offer the Champagnat product, he still hold a high amount of interest in them.

“I’ve always been a fan of Florida growing up and it’s in Florida so I like them.”

While all these schools have made their impression on the South Florida defensive back, the hometown Hurricanes are sending the prospect mail.

“That’s my hometown, so I’m gonna always like Miami.”

While Robinson is interested in the Hurricanes, he admits there hasn’t been much communication between them besides the letters.

“I haven’t spoken to them yet, but I’m gonna be attending the camp and the Junior day during the summer.”

What would a Miami offer mean to Robinson?

“They would definitely be top 5.”

A decision for Robinson could come before his senior year, as he is planning to commit sometime in the summer.

“Towards the middle of the 7 on 7 season, around the middle of the summer.”

Ultimately, the decision for the state champion corner will come down to which ever school provides the most comfortable feel.

“Which ever school makes me feel like I’m home.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't see us recruiting Champagnat.

Shhh, they better. Clarington and Salomon, no telling whoelse they gon get. n say what u want, genron produce talent lol. Dont think they'll have an issue going forward if they win and produce like with everything

Next seasons schedule for Champagnat is a murderers row from games against university in Louisianna to trinity christian in jacksonville and many other top high schools. People will get to see which of their players can really play.

Advertisement
SMH at all these local kids who grew up liking UF. We just waxed their asses tho so it's all good lol

Advertisement
Back