2015 ATH Wants to Hear From Miami

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2015 Killian ATH JaQuan Johnson (5’10, 173) burst onto the scene last year as a freshman, being named to the All-Dade 8A first team. Johnson already holds offers from Florida, Florida State, and Marshall, but not hometown Miami.

“I got the Florida offer at the last camp I went to and the Florida State offer at my spring game. I like Florida a lot. I like Miami a lot, but they’re not talking to me. The coaches aren’t talking to me at all. I like the history around Miami, but if they offered I don’t think it would be my top school. Coach T-Rob (Travaris Robinson, UF DB Coach) at Florida kept it real with me,” Johnson said.

The rising sophomore plays on both sides of the ball, but sees his future at safety.

“I want to go to college for safety. I get to give the hits instead of being hit,” he added.

He doesn’t plan on rushing to any decisions, though.

“I plan on committing during my senior season. I’ll just be looking at the best interests for me,” he said.

Killian is looking to surprise people this year.

“I think we can win it this year. The way we work separates us. We got this cornerback who came from Columbus, Trumaine Washington. We got Malcolm Vandergass, who came from Columbus, he’s a wide receiver and he’s gonna be playing safety this year too, and we have my brother, Jerry Johnson, who will be playing linebacker this year.”

Advertisement
does this kid know coaches are worried about two classes in front of him SMH ..... stay humble JJ the offers and attention will come

2015? These kids need to calm the **** down! Kids these days with all their self-entitlement crap and "i need more love" is getting ridiculous. He can't even drive yet, has 3 more years of HS, yet wants offers from colleges.....unreal.

Advertisement
2015 Killian ATH JaQuan Johnson (5’10, 173) burst onto the scene last year as a freshman, being named to the All-Dade 8A first team. Johnson already holds offers from Florida, Florida State, and Marshall, but not hometown Miami.

“I got the Florida offer at the last camp I went to and the Florida State offer at my spring game. I like Florida a lot. I like Miami a lot, but they’re not talking to me. The coaches aren’t talking to me at all. I like the history around Miami, but if they offered I don’t think it would be my top school. Coach T-Rob (Travaris Robinson, UF DB Coach) at Florida kept it real with me,” Johnson said.

The rising sophomore plays on both sides of the ball, but sees his future at safety.

“I want to go to college for safety. I get to give the hits instead of being hit,” he added.

He doesn’t plan on rushing to any decisions, though.

“I plan on committing during my senior season. I’ll just be looking at the best interests for me,” he said.
Killian is looking to surprise people this year.

“I think we can win it this year. The way we work separates us. We got this cornerback who came from Columbus, Trumaine Washington. We got Malcolm Vandergass, who came from Columbus, he’s a wide receiver and he’s gonna be playing safety this year too, and we have my brother, Jerry Johnson, who will be playing linebacker this year.”

Don't think this kid is in any rush to make a decision at all. Sounds like since he's heard from the other two, that he would like to hear from Miami since its his favorite school and in his backyard. Its more suprising to me that he has offers from the other schools already, than him wanting to hear from us. He seems to be a great talent that should have plenty of offers when the time is right. In due time young grasshoppa!

This is what recruiting has turned into. Pretty soon coaches will have to go scout pop warner games.

Acutally, I put this on Peter and the reporters.

No reason to even to be talking to a 2015 kid. Sure, we'll read about it and talk about. But we wouldn't be otherwise.

Advertisement
Biscuits said:

No reason to even to be talking to a 2015 kid. Sure, we'll read about it and talk about. But we wouldn't be otherwise.

He is a first team all Dade kid at the 8A level with a lot hype heading into this upcoming season... I would be remiss not to talk to him

I was under the impression that the earliest you could officially offer a kid was in September of their Junior year, that all these other offers are just verbal. If that is the case, the schools have no one to blame but themselves as they are turning this into a circus.

With Golden recruiting as he is, Muschump and Dumbo will be offering third-graders before summer is over.

do not want

Advertisement

This is how it is in almost all sports now. Football might even be a little behind. For baseball top 2014-2015 kids are committing on a regular basis now. My old travel coach with the Florida Bombers is telling me as soon as a kid turns 14 or is a freshman in high school the college coaches start giving out verbals.

Biscuits said:

He is a first team all Dade kid at the 8A level with a lot hype heading into this upcoming season... I would be remiss not to talk to him

I hear ya. I get it. But really, no one should care yet.

This kid was a student in my buddies' 8th grade math class last year, I'll worry about him and the way our coaches are treating him in 2 years.

Advertisement
Biscuits said:

+1. Do what you do best brother..!! Kid is a balla. Prime time johnson.. Him and Tim Harris are ballas.. They both played in the same squad in pop-warner.

Advertisement
Back