2014 WR Grew Up Canes Fan

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 East Lake (Fla.) ATH Artavis Scott has been gathering interest from some of the top schools in the nation.

“Last week I visited Ohio State, Michigan and Notre Dame," said Scott.

One school that is showing interest is the University of Miami, and Scott happens to be familiar with their program.

When asked what he liked about Miami, Scott was simple,”Everything, I liked them as a kid.”

While the elite wide receiver may not have an offer at the moment, he did speak with Hurricanes' defensive line coach Jethro Franklin during the spring.

“I only talked to one of their coaches (Franklin) when they came by my school. He told me to go down for their camp, but I didn’t make it down there.”

Scott enjoyed his time with Coach Frankin, “we connected; he was just talking about the Hurricanes and their camps during the summer.”

While the 2014 prospect does play both sides of the ball, he does admit that his best trait is his offensive aggressiveness.

“On the offensive side of the ball, I have to say my ability to attack the ball is my strength."

Scott will be looking for certain things when choosing a college saying he wants “good academics, a place where I can fit and also come in and make an impact quickly.”

Scott had 54 catches with 1,158 yards and 12 touchdowns last season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back