2014 WR Brady Back In Miami

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
A familiar face returned to the field for South Dade on Saturday. 2014WR Tyre Brady came back to South Florida last week after living in
Texas the last few months due to family reasons. This week, he helped the Bucs defeat Southridge and clinch the district title.

“It was great, we had a game yesterday against Southridge, I played cornerback and a little bit of receiver. I didn’t play that much receiver because I didn’t know the playbook.”

Brady’s team now has a bye and prepares to play a very tough Homestead team.

“Next week we are going up against Homestead and I’m gonna work with the team this week and learn the playbook and I’ll be playing receiver
by then.”

Brady is a big-time receiver for the 2014 class and has been attracting the interest from a number of schools.

“Ohio State, UM,LSU, Alabama and Louisville.”

Brady has interest in Miami and seems to have built a good relationship with the coaching staff.

“I went to the camp and I love the coaches and the school, they have great tradition. The coaches there are trying to build it back to what
it used to be.”

The 2014 prospect talks to Coach Michael Barrow and George McDonald and has high remarks for them.

“Both of them are great coaches. It would be great to be coached by Coach McDonald. He is a wonderful coach.”

Brady is looking for specific things when he chooses his college

“I want a school where I could feel home, a good education, a place where I could picture myself going for four years and a wonderful
coaching staff.”

Advertisement
He is already on the field? He didnt have to sit out any time from transferring in? Or is it different if its out of state

Advertisement
I assume we're in a good spot for this kid, Tito?

There is no question that we are. The only issue for him is qualifying and actually garnering an offer. The kid is a stud but technically speaking has no tape, which is what coaches want to see.Another thing is that he has transferred four times. Columbus, Then sat out a year at South Dade for grade issues and then To Alief Taylor in Texas and back to South Dade. He might have an issue qualifying.

Tito, if you get the chance, try to always put the height/weight of these guys. If you have any speed numbers, post that, too. Thanks, man.

Tito, if you get the chance, try to always put the height/weight of these guys. If you have any speed numbers, post that, too. Thanks, man.

Brady is listed at 6'3 185. But seeing him in person he is more like 6'2. Great hands and uses size very well.

I assume we're in a good spot for this kid, Tito?

There is no question that we are. The only issue for him is qualifying and actually garnering an offer. The kid is a stud but technically speaking has no tape, which is what coaches want to see.Another thing is that he has transferred four times. Columbus, Then sat out a year at South Dade for grade issues and then To Alief Taylor in Texas and back to South Dade. He might have an issue qualifying.

Why wasnt he kept at CCHS??

Advertisement
Didn't he go to one of our summer camps and do well? I know he's been on the radar for a while.

kids a beast.

He still has time to get grades in order. Only a junior...dont like that he didnt qualify for a year..so im guessing his core gpa is hovering around the 2.0-2.2 range....get this kid the academic plan NOW...and let him finish out at South Dade..collect all his transcripts from other schools now so he doesnt have the clearinghouse issues. Collins had to sit out a year...and look at the work he did in a short time..think heis already qualified.

A class of this kid Ermon Lane, and one of Austin Roberts/ Isiah Mckenzie/ Corey Holmes would be Sick.

I particular like Lane,Brady,Roberts combo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back