2014 TE Ravian Pierce is turning heads

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
In 2012, the 'Canes never really had a serious receiving threat at the tight-end position. Although Clive Walford did as good a job as he could hauling in 25-receptions for 471-yards.

For the class of 2013 it was clear that recruiting heavy at tight-end was a major point for Al Golden. The 'Canes did a heck of a job on the recruiting trail and landed two of the top five tight-ends in the nation in Derrick Griffin and Standish Dobard. Also landing possibly the best junior-college tight-end in the country in Beau Sandland. In 2014, Golden is looking continue that success.

The next tight-end who could be taking his talents to Miami is Ravian Pierce of Plantation, Fla. Pierce is a 2014 talent for Plantation High that has good hands and is well-bulit. He could be a serious difference maker in the future.

Ravian says he was offered by Miami about 6 weeks ago. Some of his other biggest offers were from the likes of Alabama, Florida, Louisville, and Ole Miss.

When asked what is favorite part of Miami is he said "The environment. It's a nice campus. I also saw that they were creating a new hangout spot for the football players."

Pierce also says he has connected well with current 'Canes defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio. He said that he had a good relationship with former tight-ends coach Mario Cristobal during his brief stint in that position.

With his 12-touchdowns on the past year, Pierce cemented his status as a great receiver and put himself on the map. Miami has certainly put themselves in the running for this gifted prospect.

You can read more articles like this on rising prospects such as Ravian Pierce at FloridaHSFootball.com in my series Nash's Notes: 5 new names to know in the class of 2014.

Also, if you have a question, complaint, or comment concerning this article you can email me at Nashwillliams01@gmail.com or tweet me @Nashwilliams1

Advertisement
I gotta wonder if Cristobal recruits him at Bama what will his reaction be? But the more i read on Pierce the more i just think this is our top guy for this class so lets get him here!!

Advertisement
Good stuff, Nash.

It's been a long time since Dade/Broward has produced a legit stud tight end. You might have to go all the way back to Willie Roberts in 2000 coming out of Southridge.

Advertisement
What are his measurables? Height/weight?

6'4 225 pounds.

Thats about Clives weight right now and Peirce is already polished as a player so i really really like this guy

Clive is getting big, he's in the 260 range now.

God**** i been slacking i thought 235 and i know Pierce will add weight to be good in college through time so thats why i compared

Advertisement
Starting to hear d'onofrio name in recruiting a lot more now. Or is it just me.

Advertisement
this kids recruitment will get crazy before it is over I think he is a better prospect than his teammate Lammons

Right now i agree but Lammons i think has more upside because i don't even think he's touched the surface

My problem with Lammons is his height 5'9-510. I like my corners 5-11 and above. I am probably looking at it from a different perspective too being a Florida fan and not needing Lammons.

One thing is for sure is this year there are not a lot of corners or TE's in Florida this year. I dont understand why the state of Florida doesn't produce more TE's.

this kids recruitment will get crazy before it is over I think he is a better prospect than his teammate Lammons

Right now i agree but Lammons i think has more upside because i don't even think he's touched the surface

My problem with Lammons is his height 5'9-510. I like my corners 5-11 and above. I am probably looking at it from a different perspective too being a Florida fan and not needing Lammons.

One thing is for sure is this year there are not a lot of corners or TE's in Florida this year. I dont understand why the state of Florida doesn't produce more TE's.

I readthat he's 5'11 170 so i feel comfortable with him and with the tight end i have no idea either like it makes no sense it just seems that coaches all want to go spread and never make the tight ends a focus unless we would get all of them based off of tradition.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back