2014 QB Flowers Out to Prove Doubters Wrong

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
South Florida has become a hotbed for quarterbacks. Rakeem Cato at Marshall, Geno Smith at West Virginia, and Teddy Bridgewater at Louisville are all having great seasons for their respective schools. Next in line? 2014 QB Quinton 'Winky' Flowers, who has been described by SoFla Recruiting Legend Larry Blustein as a "young Robert Griffin III." Despite this praise, some have questioned Flowers' ability at the position due to his height.

"I'll put it like this. If I'm not being recruited at quarterback, you will not see me at your school. I'm a quarterback and will continue to play that. I don't care if people say I'm too short. Drew Brees is not tall so I'm just gonna keep fighting. I guarantee you I will play quarterback."

Flowers is not lacking any confidence, which is an extremely important aspect of being a QB.

"My game is different from most quarterbacks. They don't have what I have in the pocket as far as my athleticism and speed. When I get on the run, I can throw it 80 yards too."

The recruiting process is moving slowly for the Jackson QB right now, but it's only a matter of time before more schools take notice.

"Schools are sending me stuff about how the team is doing and about the school. Purdue is talking to me a lot. One of their coaches is trying to come down to watch me and get me to go up there. Same thing with UCF."

There are some schools he has yet to hear from that he is interested in. Miami is one of those.

"I have some interest in LSU, Louisville too. Miami is the school that I really want to hear from. Florida State would be nice too."

The Generals suffered a setback last night to a dominant Booker T team, as they fell 39-0.

"We're gonna come to practice Monday, keep working hard and keep fighting. When next week comes, we're gonna come hard and push hard. We just have to work on putting more points up. When we get on the goal line, we will put the points up and that's a guarantee."

Last edited:
Advertisement
DO

WANT

If he wants to be head coach, I tell him he'll be head coach.

Just get him here.

Advertisement
If Golden doesn't recruit this kid as a quarterback, it'll be the first blatantly Shannonesque move I've seen from him.

There is absolutely zero reason not to recruit this kid at quarterback and see where it takes you. ****, if he was only a quarterback recruit with no chance to switch positions I'd STILL like him more than the two kids we signed last year.

take him at qb......let him come in give him his shot.....maybe even a package...and shirt him his freshman year as you train him to be a wr/db.

**** were going to take Treon Harris also more than likely. Flowers has been doing it just as long...

Advertisement
Back