2014 DB Wilson Waiting on Miami

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2014 University School DB Quincy Wilson is already one of the top players in his class and his stock is still rising. His team at U-School is 6-0 thus far and they will look to keep it going into the playoffs.

“The season is going good for us. We’re getting after it and taking it game-by-game. We have Westminster this week then Edison the week after that. I’m doing well personally, but teams don’t really throw my way because I guess they know about me.”

Some have projected the 6’2” Wilson to play safety at the next level, but he is comfortable at corner.

“I’ve been playing corner all season. I prefer playing it over safety. My size is a very big advantage because I’m bigger than every receiver they put in front of me and I can run just as fast or faster than them too.”

Wilson has over 20 offers from some of the top programs in the country.

“I don’t pay much attention to it right now because I’m just focusing on the season. After the season, I’ll look into it more and get my mind wrapped around colleges.”

Which of the offers that he has are sticking out at the moment?

“I don’t really have top schools, but South Carolina, Ohio State, and Florida are recruiting me the most. I like that I have a good relationship with the DB coaches and I talk to them on a weekly basis.”

It has been a mystery as to why Miami is yet to offer the legacy Wilson, whose father Chad played at Miami.

“I don’t worry about it anymore. If they want me then they’ll want me, if they don’t then they don’t.”

Wilson hasn’t thought about whether or not this delay in a possible offer will affect his decision.

“I’m not sure. I’ll have to deal with it when that time comes.”

When asked if Miami is recruiting him right now, Wilson responded, “No, not at all.”

The U-School junior has been to a few 'Canes games this season and will be in attendance for this weekend’s FSU-Miami game.

“I’ll be there. I’m looking forward to see the defense step up since they’re kind of young.”

Advertisement
Ray Lewis Jr. gets an offer but Quincy still hasn't gotten one. Biggest lolz i've ever seen.

/sorry for making a Ray jr. reference.

Advertisement
no communication yet

SIMON-CONFUSED-GIF.jpg

He wrote on Twitter the other day that Coach D is the sole problem with our defense....what are waiting on? Get this kid!

Advertisement
As a sophomore this kid had better ball skills than some of the players on the current roster.. There has to be more to the story..

It isn't like UM hasn't had the chance to check him out, the staff is currently recruiting two of his teammates.. This just doesn't add up

As a sophomore this kid had better ball skills than some of the players on the current roster.. There has to be more to the story..

It isn't like UM hasn't had the chance to check him out, the staff is currently recruiting two of his teammates.. This just doesn't add up

And I believe he's been to the Golden camps more than once.

Advertisement
Now...I'm starting to not trust these dudes...this kid is 5* good and you're slow playing him...this could blow up in their face man...I know his father Chad isn't setting the world on fire but he's a legacy who WANTS to be here...

He has been Golden's camps, and No D and ****hro have been to his campus to watch him and his teammates.

What other 2014 S/CB would be ahead of him?

Kid has big offers, but no Miami or FSU offer.

Advertisement
He makes too many plays on the ball. That's called freestyling

We need somebody who is going to sit on an X and play 20 yards off the ball.

No way in **** he doesn't have an offer.

I'm starting to believe this.

It's not like the coaches can comment.

This could just be an elaborate troll

If not, he must have SERIOUS attitude issues or something. I can't imagine why else he doesn't have an offer.

Another thing to add...he has been coming to all the home games. Has he been coming as a recruit or on a purchased and paid ticket? If he has been coming as a recruit how can the staff not be recruiting him?

Advertisement
Back