2014 Commit with 14 TDs Through 5 Games

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2014 Miami commit Travis Rudolph (Cardinal Newman) has been a big part of his team’s 5-0 start, as the talented athlete has already racked up 14 touchdowns. Rudolph has been playing both sides of the ball.

“The season is going great, right now we’re 5 and 0. I’m really looking forward to the American Heritage game because they’re kinda the top dogs so I’m looking forward to seeing how we match up with them.”

The Head Coach of Rudolph’s Cardinal Newman squad is former Hurricanes great, Steve Walsh.

“He doesn’t really talk to me about Miami. He just kinda stays away from the whole recruiting thing with me and just tells me to go where I’m comfortable.”

Rudolph committed to the University of Miami over the summer, but is still uncertain as to what position he will play at the U.

“I like playing wide receiver better. I committed as an athlete I guess, but I personally feel like I committed as a wide receiver. Golden looks me at cornerback as well, so I’ll say I’m an athlete.”

Why did Rudolph want to make his choice so early on in the process?

“It’s close to home and a couple of Miami family members went to Miami. It’s just a great program overall and academically. They talk to you more as family instead of just as a football player.”

While Rudolph says he will still go through with the recruiting process and won’t completely shut it down, he says there isn’t really any other schools he’s looking at besides Miami.

“My options are still open, but I’m solid to Miami. I’m just gonna take my visits and stuff.”

The Cardinal Newman star hasn’t been surprised by the hot start of the ‘Canes this year.

“I’m not surprised because I know it’s a great program and I have no doubts they’re going to continue to get better. I really like how they’re spreading the ball around."

The 2014 commitment was able to make it out to SunLife for last weekend's shootout with NC State.

"It was a wonderful experience coming into a college game and seeing the team I committed to win. It made me just want to hurry up and get there.”

Rudolph gave his thoughts on UM’s upcoming game against Notre Dame.

“Miami’s gonna win, no doubt about it.”

Advertisement
His commitment was quiet (maybe because he is 2014) but I LOVE this kid.

I know corner seems the next step but **** I hope he gets a look on offense. Beast.

Just to add to what JHall and Papii said...this looks like it was a great early find by the staff

Advertisement
Very good get by the staff. My Only question is his speed does anybody know?

Not sure. He looks more smooth than fast, like he is gliding. very athletic. Tall and lanky though so its tough to tell and finding a legit 40 time for a sophomore/junior is always tough.

If he can score 14 TD's in 5 games I would recruit him for offense. We should be straight on the DB front by 2014 anyway.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Not sure. He looks more smooth than fast, like he is gliding. very athletic. Tall and lanky though so its tough to tell and finding a legit 40 time for a sophomore/junior is always tough.

I was thinking the same. He doesnt look that fast on film. But then again, he might be a long strider like Streeter.

I was thinking the same. He doesnt look that fast on film. But then again, he might be a long strider like Streeter.

Yeah and he has really skinny legs (at least last year) so once he builds them up you should see more explosion.

Going to be an underrated player in the 2014 class. He's really good. I want to take the drive north and check'em out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back