2014 CB Harris Jr. likes Miami

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
Being the son of a former NFL standout is never easy. But Al Harris Jr. is one of the best cornerbacks in South Florida and has some of the best pure talent some scouts have seen in a long time. He also has a lot he likes about Miami.

"I like their program and the type of scheme they run defensively. It's a very well coached program."

Harris Jr. is currently playing at St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.) Which is a school the 'Canes have recruited well in the past. Of course getting Michael Irvin, and now currently Junior wide-receiver Phillip Dorsett and Sophomore defensive-end Jelani Hamilton. Harris Jr. says he has a real good relationship with Dorsett, Hamilton and defensive backs coach Paul Williams.

Harris Jr. currently has seven offers from the likes of South Carolina, Rutgers, Penn State, and Florida State among others.

Harris Jr. is a very aggressive player who plays his man tight and is very active on the field. Those traits have college coaches impressed.

When asked about his factors in his decision he said "Education of course, the defensive scheme, and winning is a big factor because I want to win."

After winning a state championship in 2012, Harris Jr. still has a lot he wants to improve on.

" I am working on my speed right now during track. Also I want to catch a lot of balls to be prepared."

Harris Jr. finished 2012 with 21 tackles, 1 interception, and 5 pass breakups and is someone Miami will definitely want to keep an eye on in the future.

If you have a question, complaint, or comment concerning this article email me at Nashwillliams01@gmail.com or tweet me @Nashwilliams1

Advertisement
Being the son of a former NFL standout is never easy. But Al Harris Jr. is one of the best cornerbacks in South Florida and has some of the best pure talent some scouts have seen in a long time. He also has a lot he likes about Miami.

"I like their program and the type of scheme they run defensively. It's a very well coached program."

Harris Jr. is currently playing at St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.) Which is a school the 'Canes have recruited well in the past. Of course getting Michael Irvin, and now currently Junior wide-receiver Phillip Dorsett and Sophomore defensive-end Jelani Hamilton. Harris Jr. says he has a real good relationship with Dorsett, Hamilton and defensive backs coach Paul Williams.

Harris Jr. currently has seven offers from the likes of South Carolina, Rutgers, Penn State, and Florida State among others.

Harris Jr. is a very aggressive player who plays his man tight and is very active on the field. Those traits have college coaches impressed.

When asked about his factors in his decision he said "Education of course, the defensive scheme, and winning is a big factor because I want to win."

After winning a state championship in 2012, Harris Jr. still has a lot he wants to improve on.

" I am working on my speed right now during track. Also I want to catch a lot of balls to be prepared."

Harris Jr. finished 2012 with 21 tackles, 1 interception, and 5 pass breakups and is someone Miami will definitely want to keep an eye on in the future.

If you have a question, complaint, or comment concerning this article email me at Nashwillliams01@gmail.com or tweet me @Nashwilliams1

Advertisement
Another STA kid, they seem to have another great team this year (Moten, Linder, Harris Jr., Holmes and London).

Another STA kid, they seem to have another great team this year (Moten, Linder, Harris Jr., Holmes and London).

Yeah. Got a new quarterback from Western High School in Davie, Fl by the name of Wade Freebeck he is a good pocket passer and can do some good things under Cassullo's tutelage.

Advertisement
How good is he??

Jesus Wilson was burning him all game long when they played

Well Jesus Wilson is a real good receiver and is going to Florida State. Every good defensive back gets burnt every now and then. Can't expect him or anyone to be perfect.

CB and Safety, you better be elite if you are going to get an offer this year.

2014 Safety Depth Chart:

Jr: Bush
Jr: Jenkins
So: Carter
So: Lockley

2014 CB Depth Chart

Sr: Gunter
Jr: Howard
Jr: Crawford
Rd-So: Dortch
Rd-So: Hope
So: Burns

My guess is 3 DBs total (Lammons being one).

Last edited:
Advertisement
i dont see him at miami with DB's like michael johnson, lammons, Nigel patten, quincy wilson, Trumaine Washington, and Dudly-Gordon

CB and Safety, you better be elite if you are going to get an offer this year.

2014 Safety Depth Chart:

Jr: Bush
Jr: Jenkins
So: Carter
So: Lockley

2014 CB Depth Chart

Sr: Gunter
Jr: Howard
Jr: Crawford
Rd-So: Dortch
Rd-So: Hope
So: Burns

My guess is 3 DBs total (Lammons being one).

You can probably move Burns to safety by 2014

Advertisement
In game theory, the Nash equilibrium is a solution concept of a non-cooperative game involving two or more players, in which each player is assumed to know the equilibrium strategies of the other players, and no player has anything to gain by changing only his own strategy unilaterally.

Your name might be Nash. But until you can apply this theory to recruiting, I am a skeptic.

Advertisement
Back