2013 LB Nigel Harris

USNAVYCANE

All American
Maude
Tampa Hillsborough High School Class of 2013 LB Nigel Harris was in the recruiting section for UM's win against Duke on Saturday but wasn't able to stay till the end of the game.

"I had to do something for my brother," Harris said. "But they beat Duke pretty bad, that's a good thing. It was a good thing to see after they struggled in some of the other games. I went to the Georgia Tech game also, and that showed they're a top team."

Harris got to the stadium early enough to have a brief chat with coach Jethro Franklin.

"He was just saying hello, told me to enjoy the game," Harris said.

Harris lists early scholarship offers from Vanderbilt and UAB and says "I have interest for sure" in Miami.

"I don't have any frontrunners," he said.

He hopes to land a Cane offer soon and says he's going to UM's home games because "it's getting me in a closer relationship with the coaches and players; I get to see how it would be down there. It lets me see what it would be like if I go there for the next 4-5 years."

Harris, who is being recruited as an outside linebacker, says he keeps a close eye on Sean Spence during games.

"He's a nice player," Harris said. "He's precise on a lot of the things he does. He makes big plays when they're needed."

Harris has helped his team to a 7-2 record, notching three sacks.

Advertisement
Looks like we're attacking Hillsborough hard in recruiting. Hopefully we get a nice pipeline going.

Tampa Hillsborough High School Class of 2013 LB Nigel Harris was in the recruiting section for UM's win against Duke on Saturday but wasn't able to stay till the end of the game.

"I had to do something for my brother," Harris said. "But they beat Duke pretty bad, that's a good thing. It was a good thing to see after they struggled in some of the other games. I went to the Georgia Tech game also, and that showed they're a top team."

Harris got to the stadium early enough to have a brief chat with coach Jethro Franklin.

"He was just saying hello, told me to enjoy the game," Harris said.

Harris lists early scholarship offers from Vanderbilt and UAB and says "I have interest for sure" in Miami.

"I don't have any frontrunners," he said.

He hopes to land a Cane offer soon and says he's going to UM's home games because "it's getting me in a closer relationship with the coaches and players; I get to see how it would be down there. It lets me see what it would be like if I go there for the next 4-5 years."

Harris, who is being recruited as an outside linebacker, says he keeps a close eye on Sean Spence during games.

"He's a nice player," Harris said. "He's precise on a lot of the things he does. He makes big plays when they're needed."

Harris has helped his team to a 7-2 record, notching three sacks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back