2013 Jaynard Bostwick

Advertisement
I should add the article she did he said himself we were definitely in the lead. He seems to really like Golden and sure sounds like ours to lose.

big size...and if yu want a flexible scheme like were gonna run..he should be high on priority list....looks to be a 3-4 end or dt in a 3 technique in our scheme...hope he camps with us..aqnd gets offered...like him teamed with keith bryant......

c*cue to al golden...load up on big time dlineman....bama/lsu recruit that spot like their life depends on it..as does usc...you load up on them and you will hit with talent especially where we are located.

Yeah you watch him and you could definitely see him being a big strong DT. But at the same time he is really quick so staying at DE may be good too. His video says 280 but his Scout profile says 260 and that looks more accurate.

Either way, sign this kid up! No offer yet but only a matter of time.

Thanks for the vid JHall.

The tape looks really good, particularly considering that is a HS junior we're talking about. He is sort of "tweener" sized at 260 but I could see him beefing up - he's still quite young, obviously.

I agree with gogeta especially considering that we are going to continue to run multiple fronts with his size he likely can be utilized inside and out, making him quite valuable for our system.

It's good to hear that he is fond of Al...hopefully we can lock him up.

Advertisement
Yeah you watch him and you could definitely see him being a big strong DT. But at the same time he is really quick so staying at DE may be good too. His video says 280 but his Scout profile says 260 and that looks more accurate.

He has a Miami offer Scout is just prehistoric in updating there offer list. He also has one from UF, ND. Miami leads for him.

He has a Miami offer Scout is just prehistoric in updating there offer list. He also has one from UF, ND. Miami leads for him.

It wasnt just Scout I was pulling that from.

It would be a lot more helpful if people would provide links since recruiting is based 50% on heresay anymore.

its incredible that there were virtually no 2012 DT's in Florida , all of the stud DT's were from the 2013 class. Our DT class should be exceptional this upcoming year since we are in good shape with Bryant, Bostick, Bain and I'd bet we still could be very much in the picture for Senat if they turn the heat up on him.

Advertisement
its incredible that there were virtually no 2012 DT's in Florida , all of the stud DT's were from the 2013 class. Our DT class should be exceptional this upcoming year since we are in good shape with Bryant, Bostick, Bain and I'd bet we still could be very much in the picture for Senat if they turn the heat up on him.

Idk if we need to turn up the heat for Senat considering how much talent there is at DT in this class. I'd gladly take Monty Nelson or Derrick Calloway over Senat. Them are my personal choices anyways.

Ok so I watched the video, and as quick and disruptive as he is, it seemed to me that he was a little slower off the snap, almost like a half second... I watch the ball get hiked, his line mates move, and he is still in his stance for a split second longer. Any one have any insight on this? Could he be just making sure he is not off-sides, Just wondering.

That being said, I did watch him take on 3 or 4 blockers on a couple of plays, which means he is very strong, and I saw him hitting like a ton of bricks several times.

He shows good athleticism and hustle in the video. Very quick step. Showed a club move, a spin, and at times, stout at the point of attack, and good power disengaging blockers. Looks like he's going to get over 300 easily. Good prospect, with huge upside if he can get in a solid weight and conditioning program.

Agree with Iccane78.

IMO, he's a guy AG is going to have to get into camp and see him up close.

Advertisement
Little update despite what was reported a week or so ago about us not being in his top 2. Interview with Laura on scout Bostwick says he still favors us at #1 and Oregon at #2.

Its my family's school, was one of his quotes. Dude is all cane right now, Oregon just interesting to him because of the jerseys and facilities it seems.

Speaking of Armbrister...what happened to him? I thought he was supposed to be some great safety prospect or something. I guess he got red shirted, but you don't hear anything about him from anyone.

Speaking of Armbrister...what happened to him? I thought he was supposed to be some great safety prospect or something. I guess he got red shirted, but you don't hear anything about him from anyone.

Some people saw some potential but not one credible person ever said anything about him being a great safety prospect.

Advertisement
Armbrister did not redshirt last year. He played on special teams and missed a few games due to injury. Coach D loves him from what I've been told.

Bostwick is a beast. It's been a long time since we've had a DT with his athleticism. He runs ball carriers down from the back side and catches them from behind while they are still behind the line of scrimmage. It's been basically forever since we had a DT that did that. I'm hoping Jacoby Briscoe has the same type of explosiveness and motor.

Advertisement
Back