11 Commits from Dade, 6 from Broward, 0 from Palm Beach

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
Last year the staff got taken out to lunch in the tri-county area, combining for just 7 commits there.

8 months later the 2021 class is filling up fast with 21 current commits. Thomas Davis, Elijah Arroyo, Malik Curtis, and Deshawn Troutman are the only guys from outside this area. Davis and Arroyo are the only commits from outside of Florida, and even Arroyo has connections to the region.

Dade: 11
Seymore-Central
Collins-Palmetto
Smith-Palmetto
Taylor-Palmetto
Ishmael-Columbus
Rodriguez-Columbus
Brinson-MNW
Kinchens-MNW
Burns-MNW
Brantley-MNW
Johnson-Killian

Broward: 6
J. Williams-American Heritage
Franklin-Chaminade
Haye-Chaminade
Borregales-Chaminade
George-Plantation
McLaughlin-Marjory Stoneman Douglas

Palm Beach: 0

It's odd for us to go 2 years in a row without anyone from Palm Beach, and amazing to see the staff cleaning up in Dade and Broward. We aren't even done yet.

Manny Diaz is in the process of building a big, beautiful wall around south Florida. And who's he going to make pay for it? The rest of the country.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There’s nobody in the Palm Beach area that’s worth pursuing. You got Koht and Chase but that’s really it but they’re not Palm Beach. It’s gonna change next year though.
I was just about to ask: who are the bad boys from PBC we are missing out on?

I was just about to ask: who are the bad boys from PBC who we are missing out on?
I mean there’s this Boca kid named Ashton Gillotte who could play here but he would’ve been like a Plan C guy. He’s going to Louisville and is the only guy who would’ve been a no brainer when it came to an offer. Winsome Frazier is interesting because of his size, Markevious is from Pahokee but he’s at the IMG academy, Santino Marucci is playing in Jville now for batram trail, Brandon Schabert can play here athletically but was probably a plan D guy if that, Earl Miller as well but that’s really it.

Advertisement
I mean there’s this Boca kid named Ashton Gillotte who could play here but he would’ve been like a Plan C guy. He’s going to Louisville and is the only guy who would’ve been a no brainer when it came to an offer. Winsome Frazier is interesting because of his size, Markevious is from Pahokee but he’s at the IMG academy, Santino Marucci is playing in Jville now for batram trail, Brandon Schabert can play here athletically but was probably a plan D guy if that, Earl Miller as well but that’s really it.

Gaskin decent, plan B or c I'd think though.

Last year the staff got taken out to lunch in the tri-county area, combining for just 7 commits there.

8 months later the 2021 class is filling up fast with 20 current commits. Elijah Arroyo, Malik Curtis, and Deshawn Troutman are the only guys from outside this area. Arroyo is the lone commit from outside of Florida, and even he has connections to the region.

Dade: 11
Seymore-Central
Collins-Palmetto
Smith-Palmetto
Ishmael-Columbus
Rodriguez-Columbus
Brinson-MNW
Kinchens-MNW
Burns-MNW
Brantley-MNW
Hammett-MNW
Johnson-Killian

Broward: 6
J. Williams-American Heritage
Franklin-Chaminade
Haye-Chaminade
Borregales-Chaminade
George-Plantation
McLaughlin-Marjory Stoneman Douglas

Palm Beach: 0

It's odd for us to go 2 years in a row without anyone from Palm Beach, and amazing to see the staff cleaning up in Dade and Broward. We aren't even done yet.

Manny Diaz is in the process of building a big, beautiful wall around south Florida. And who's he going to make pay for it? The rest of the country.

Does this mean we'll get the more you know recruiting edition?

It’s pretty astounding.

Add in that most of the major/likely targets left are SFL kids and we’re gonna end up with probably 20 from SFL, another 2 from FL, and 2-3 from OOS. That looks good.

Advertisement
Markevious Brown is from Pahokee. If we get him we will have one from the 561.

Winsome Frazier is a city kid....word to his pops the hooper from The West.

Crazy that Yul Brown, Torrie Cox, and Winsome kids are recruits now...all legends from the city (Liberty city)

Advertisement
Iowa State has been grabbing FL sleepers since Paul Rhoads was there. Middle of nowhere but Ames is the epitome of a college town.

Advertisement
Jaydon Hood is from Palm Beach, he was originally at Cardinal Newman before he transferred to STA.

But I don't think he'll end up in this class even though the staff still talks with him.

Advertisement
Back