Evidence Njoku discusses commitment with CanesInSight

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
The Miami Hurricanes added another Njoku to the program this weekend as 2017 WR Evidence Njoku (6-4, 190) committed to Mark Richt and staff on Monday.

"At first I was going to commit to a school in September, but once I got out there and David being there, it was a factor," said Njoku.

"It was a surprise to everybody, even to me."

Although Evidence did not participate in the camp on Saturday night, one moment from the weekend stuck out to him in particular.

"I got to have a conversation with Jeremy Shockey. He was telling me about The U and all that so it really meant a lot," he said.

Having an older brother at the school was definitely something that helped Miami, but it was not necessarily the deciding factor. Was his family excited that he chose a program that they are familiar with?

"Yes, of course. David and everyone else was happy. But at the same time, I don't even know what's going to happen with him after this season," he explained.

Njoku said that he has talked to the Miami coaches "almost every day" since the Hurricanes offered. He keeps in contact most with Mark Richt, Ron Dugans, Todd Hartley, and Craig Kuligowski.

One of the advantages to Njoku having a brother on the team was that he was able to be around the players a good amount.

"I felt so comfortable in the atmosphere and being around the team. Everyone was vibing out there," Njoku said. "I had the chance to talk with Jack Allison and we had a good conversation."

Although Njoku is a different player than his brother as more of a lanky, rangy receiver with deep speed, that has not stopped the comparisons to his brother David from coming in.

"Fans will be fans. If they want to compare me to someone, they're just going to have to wait and see for themselves."

"The U is going to be raw in the next few years. For example, Jack and Evan (Shirreffs) are really good quarterbacks. The commitment N'Kosi Perry -- I heard he's a complete savage. I'm excited for the future," Njoku said.

Njoku recently transferred from Cedar Grove HS in New Jersey to Wayne Hills. He added that he is unsure if he will take his official visits.

Advertisement
The Miami Hurricanes added another Njoku to the program this weekend as 2017 WR Evidence Njoku (6-4, 190) committed to Mark Richt and staff on Monday.

"At first I was going to commit to a school in September, but once I got out there and David being there, it was a factor," said Njoku.

"It was a surprise to everybody, even to me."

Although Evidence did not participate in the camp on Saturday night, one moment from the weekend stuck out to him in particular.

"I got to have a conversation with Jeremy Shockey. He was telling me about The U and all that so it really meant a lot," he said.

Having an older brother at the school was definitely something that helped Miami, but it was not necessarily the deciding factor. Was his family excited that he chose a program that they are familiar with?

"Yes, of course. David and everyone else was happy. But at the same time, I don't even know what's going to happen with him after this season," he explained.

Njoku said that he has talked to the Miami coaches "almost every day" since the Hurricanes offered. He keeps in contact most with Mark Richt, Ron Dugans, Todd Hartley, and Craig Kuligowski.

One of the advantages to Njoku having a brother on the team was that he was able to be around the players a good amount.

"I felt so comfortable in the atmosphere and being around the team. Everyone was vibing out there," Njoku said. "I had the chance to talk with Jack Allison and we had a good conversation."

Although Njoku is a different player than his brother as more of a lanky, rangy receiver with deep speed, that has not stopped the comparisons to his brother David from coming in.

"Fans will be fans. If they want to compare me to someone, they're just going to have to wait and see for themselves."

"The U is going to be raw in the next few years. For example, Jack and Evan (Shirreffs) are really good quarterbacks. The commitment N'Kosi Perry -- I heard he's a complete savage. I'm excited for the future," Njoku said.

Njoku recently transferred from Cedar Grove HS in New Jersey to Wayne Hills. He added that he is unsure if he will take his official visits.
The brothers Olsens' school! Good coaching.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Don't like that he didn't compete. Red flag.

He probably saw some of the dudes out there and decided he better snatch that offer now and quit dïcking around.

Advertisement
Don't like that he didn't compete. Red flag.

He probably saw some of the dudes out there and decided he better snatch that offer now and quit dïcking around.

that was my 1st thought when I read he din't participate at camp.Got to give props to studs like Davonta Smith, Jeudy,Leatherwood and the other top guys with bigtime offers that gained very little by working out for a staff they most likely won't play for while risking injury.Would have been good to see Njuko measure up to those guys,maybe it was a smart business decision on his part.

BTW, the entire Wayne Hills team is tripping to the U in August. Not sure what that is about.

Advertisement
He said raw and savage in the same paragraph. Yea he's been around the squad a lot lol. Yall better stop sleeping on Evan. I have a feeling he'll be starting whenever Kaaya leaves.

Advertisement

Well this is something.

So is him mentioning Shirreffs with JA. That comment was surprising, in a good way.

I expect Shirreffs to be the backup this year. We will see what happens after this season, though.
Why does everybody forget about Rosier and that stunning last second play that beat Duke ? He kept us in the game until that well thought and planned TD in the wanning seconds to win the game..

Well this is something.

So is him mentioning Shirreffs with JA. That comment was surprising, in a good way.

I expect Shirreffs to be the backup this year. We will see what happens after this season, though.
Why does everybody forget about Rosier and that stunning last second play that beat Duke ? He kept us in the game until that well thought and planned TD in the wanning seconds to win the game..
Missed alot of plays in that came kaaya would have made. Should of never even been close

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Well this is something.

Rosier was awful this spring. I'd say he's been passed up by both Shirreffs and Allison. Expecting a transfer from him.

Well this is something.

Rosier was awful this spring. I'd say he's been passed up by both Shirreffs and Allison. Expecting a transfer from him.

Anyway he would consider just moving over to the baseball team instead or is he deadset on football

Advertisement
Back