Safety target Amari Carter: I'm a South Florida dude

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
AmariCarter.jpg

Palm Beach Gardens safety Amari Carter (6-2, 175) is one of the top players at his position on Miami’s recruiting board.

As a 3-star recruit, Carter has received a lot of attention over the past few months from the likes of Clemson, Notre Dame, and Miami – three schools that he said stand out for him right now. The LSU Tigers have also gotten into the mix, as Les Miles offered Carter two weeks ago.

“It’s a great feeling to be recruited like this. I wasn’t used to it before recently, but I just take it as a blessing and a humbling experience,” said Carter.

Carter is a self-proclaimed “South Florida dude”, so where do the Miami Hurricanes chances stand?

“I talk to the Miami coaches everyday. I have great relationships with Coach Banda and Coach Baez, and I’m talking to Richt on a regular basis,” said Carter. “It’s easy for me to get down there and it’s a family environment. I feel comfortable with everybody there whether it be the coaches, the players, or anyone else in the building. And they are bringing in the new facility, which is just another thing to look forward to with the program.”

Playing close to home could eventually be a factor in Miami’s favor, but Carter was not willing to say that it would be the ultimate reason for him to choose the Hurricanes.

“My mom would love for me to stay home and be down the street so that she could come watch me play, but I also know that she will support me wherever I decide to go,” he explained.

What could end up turning things in Miami’s direction though, is Carter's tight bond with safeties coach Ephraim Banda.

“Coach Banda is the type of guy who will get along with anybody that he meets,” Carter said. “When I went down to check out practice, he looked more energetic than anybody on the team. He looked like he had pads on.”

Highlights: LIVE 5 JUNIOR SEASON - AMARI CARTER highlights - Hudl

Advertisement
Feeling positive about this kid. We just need to win some critical games to prevent the Golden slide from reoccurring.

Advertisement
It's basically a forgone conclusion that we're getting this kid, and unlike the Al Folden regime, we're not going to have to worry about last second decommits.

Advertisement
Love what the kid had to say about Coach Banda...

It all starts at the top, and works its way down... If the coaches bring that kind of attitude and enthusiasm to practice it'll rub off on the players... Then from there it goes from practice to the game and we start winning on a regular basis...

I can't wait to see The U start dictating games again, and not sitting on a lead and watch it dwindle away because the old staff was too afraid to try and put a team away... Except for the Miracle win against Duke, and beating Pittsburgh, the quality of the rest of our wins last year was atrocious...

Advertisement
Acknowledged SoFl boy! Mom want's him close to home. Likes Banda a lot! If my math serves me right that's 33% each or 99% chance he's a Cane mane! Carter, Gibson and Wright would be a absolutely incredible haul. The college football world is really gonna hate us again in a couple years.

for some reason Palm beach kids have always been loyal to the U compared to everybody else...well unless they go to dwyer

Advertisement
You guys still iffy on that Banda hire??

lol

There was no reason for anyone to judge him good or bad before he's ever done anything so I don't understand the negativity people had for him. No doubt he's proving it on the recruiting trail already, I'd love to see him win the battle for Fa'gan or Wright or both but theres plenty of good safeties we are in on and I love it.

Next thing I want to see is the safety play in games. He has a tough job ahead of him. 3 safeties have experience that are returning but they are going to be asked to do complete opposite assignments in Diaz's D compared to last year. Jenkins is the only proven player (needs to improve tackling but is solid to say the least), but I'm excited to see what Jamal Carter does, lets see if he can get something out of him that we all expected when he signed. Then we all know what Jaquan is going to give us.

Love what the kid had to say about Coach Banda...

It all starts at the top, and works its way down... If the coaches bring that kind of attitude and enthusiasm to practice it'll rub off on the players... Then from there it goes from practice to the game and we start winning on a regular basis...

I can't wait to see The U start dictating games again, and not sitting on a lead and watch it dwindle away because the old staff was too afraid to try and put a team away... Except for the Miracle win against Duke, and beating Pittsburgh, the quality of the rest of our wins last year was atrocious...

Best thing is block last year out, oh wait, make that block-out for the last decade

Saw Northwestern run a train against a team yesterday for spring. Was this his team, it was a palm beach team? I ask because they had a safety but he didnt wear number 5 like in picture, Number 5 was a corner with dreads...

Someone help me out here.

Saw Northwestern run a train against a team yesterday for spring. Was this his team, it was a palm beach team? I ask because they had a safety but he didnt wear number 5 like in picture, Number 5 was a corner with dreads...

Someone help me out here.
Northwestern played against Mike rumph old highschool

Advertisement
Back