Advertisement
Advertisement
[TWEET]712092894321098752[/TWEET]

[TWEET]712093829671862272[/TWEET]

[TWEET]712095765175386112[/TWEET]

Looks like a complete te, blocks well and moves pretty fast for a big kid

Advertisement
Advertisement
From Texas SB Nation Site..Has him ranked as the 4th best TE in the state.

Brian Polendey (Denton Guyer)

Polendey moved to Denton from Washington state after his freshman year, spent his sophomore year on Guyer's JV team, and was offered by Michigan in the spring of 2015, over three months before he would play his first varsity game for Guyer. I've got him ranked fourth here, but I could probably be talked into putting him as high as second. Again, I believe Kedrick James has the highest ceiling of the group, but I also think only Brock Wright has a higher floor than Polendey.

If his reported 6'5 240-pound listing is even close to accurate, he's definitely got good size for the tight end position, and he's a strong blocker when holding the edge against a DE or getting to the second level and blocking linebackers out of the play. And as a receiver he shows ability to attack the middle of the field whether running up the seam or sitting in soft spots against zone coverage.

The services report him holding offers from Arkansas, Colorado, Duke, Houston, and Michigan, among others. In a report from early January, he named Houston as his early leader. Polendey caught 9 passes for 117 yards and 2 TDs for a Guyer team that advanced four rounds into the playoffs in 2015, despite its junior QB Shawn Robinson (a TCU commit) struggling as a passer and completing less than 45% of his passes and throwing only three more touchdowns (11) than interceptions (8).

Polendey was only sixth on the team in receptions and eighth in receiving yards last season, and Guyer returns most of its skill position contributors in 2016, but if Robinson is all the way back from the illness that reportedly hampered his junior season and has a senior year that more closely resembles his breakout sophomore campaign of 2014 (60% completion percentage, 2,499 passing yards, 33 TDs and just 5 INTs), Polendey should be one of the receivers who reaps the benefits statistically.

Of all the uncommitted TEs in the state, Polendey is the one I'd most like to see Texas recruit with an eye toward further solidifying their TE depth long term, and possibly pairing with Major Tennison on some 12 personnel (one RB, two TE, 2 WR) packages.

Meh.....I know Njoku's don't grow on trees, and this kid is more of a traditional TE, but something was off with his tape.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back