Texas S Adrian Colbert visiting this weekend

Advertisement
This kid would automatically become the fastest player on our roster, he has speed for days, not sure if he can contribute though.

Would be a huge get

Curious as to why you say it would be a huge get... All i found on him was that he was a very strong special teams player soph yr and then last yr he got passed on the depth chart by younger players. I am all for taking him because it cant hurt, but curious if you have seen him play or seen something that gives you reason to believe it would be a huge get?

Advertisement
Sounds like Mike Williams all over again.

Just no. The hate for grad transfers on here is just weird.

Colbert is an elite athlete. No just good, elite. He's 6'2", 200lbs, and would be the fastest player on our team. He'd be a great 1 year rental

Hope he likes what he sees. Would provide solid depth until we get our DB numbers up next year. With that size and athletic ability, he could challenge for a starting spot. Could potentially enable a safety to move to corner as well, if someone, (Johnson maybe) was capable and if it was needed. I'm hoping a young corner or two steps up though so it won't be necessary. I'm all for bringing this guy on board for a year, should be familiar with Diaz scheme.

Advertisement
For a one year rental he'd bring depth but let's not hype him up or throw around the word elite.

Hmmm Adrian Colbert or Robert Knowles...getting PT....

uh oh

he wasn’t credited with a single tackle in 2015 despite playing in 12 games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He couldn't start in Texas trash secondary? Don't want..., let me take that back we do need a gunner on special teams now that Artie burns gone...

Don't overlook the Charlie ******* factor here. You guys claim Colbert got passed on the depth chart, but ******* is a weirdo who ran off half the team and was dead set on playing his guys no matter what. **** near got him fired too. So don't put too much stock in what that idiot did with the Texas rooster.

Colbert is a plus athlete with size and experience. This is a must take given our paper thin situation at DB. I don't think some of you cats realize just how awful our situation at DB is. Colbert would be a godsend.

Don't overlook the Charlie ******* factor here. You guys claim Colbert got passed on the depth chart, but ******* is a weirdo who ran off half the team and was dead set on playing his guys no matter what. **** near got him fired too. So don't put too much stock in what that idiot did with the Texas rooster.

Colbert is a plus athlete with size and experience. This is a must take given our paper thin situation at DB. I don't think some of you cats realize just how awful our situation at DB is. Colbert would be a godsend.

benefits outweigh any of the perceived negatives.

Advertisement
Sounds like a good pickup for some much-needed depth, if we can get him. I'll trust Manny on the evaluation of him given their time together

Sounds like a good pickup for some much-needed depth, if we can get him. I'll trust Manny on the evaluation of him given their time together

To me, that's the question and answer. If he has familiarity with Diaz's scheme and Diaz has trust in him, then he's a take.

Quality coaches find places for kids who have size and speed. And this kid was credited with a 20.86 FAT in the 200 meters ... That's ELITE speed!

Advertisement
Back