Adrian Colbert- Texas transfer

Timcanes

Sophomore
He is a graduate transfer that is visiting this upcoming weekend. He is a safety that got passed by younger guys this previous yr. Not sure if hes any good.

Advertisement
My guess is it would allow jaquan to play almost full time at corner... Again just a guess though. Because we would have jenkins, carter, finley, wright etc to play safety. But who knows.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fact is we need some decent bodies in the secondary. Both of those Texas players fit the bill.

And Charlie Weak is a nut job on top of it. He was going to play his guys no matter what and ran off half the team in the process. We have no idea if Echols and Colbert are decent players that the idiot ******* just buried or if they suck. Colbert is a plus athlete though.

Fact is we need some decent bodies in the secondary. Both of those Texas players fit the bill.

And Charlie Weak is a nut job on top of it. He was going to play his guys no matter what and ran off half the team in the process. We have no idea if Echols and Colbert are decent players that the idiot ******* just buried or if they suck. Colbert is a plus athlete though.

Trues statement but guys do that all the time, helps recruiting and playing for the future... supposedly "changes the culture"

My guess is it would allow jaquan to play almost full time at corner... Again just a guess though. Because we would have jenkins, carter, finley, wright etc to play safety. But who knows.

Jaquan playing full time at corner would be the dumbest thing coach Diaz could do... He's a playmaker at the safety position and I highly doubt some guy that got beat out by younger talent at Texas would be able to beat out anyone on our team for a spot.

So he would rather lose with his players than win with better players from the previous coaching staff?

Advertisement
Colbert's HS tape looks good. Nice closing speed. Look good down in the box and blitzing as well. I think he could come in for a yr and make us better. I think Jaquan needs to stay at S, but this will give us depth. Won't have to play Wright to soon if we don't have too/if he's not ready.

That would be a horrendous idea

Advertisement
Barry Jackson:

Quick 10 a.m. update: UM, searching for immediate help at defensive back, this weekend will host Adrian Colbert, who appeared in 38 games at Texas and would be eligible to play in 2016 because he's graduating from Texas in May.

Colbert made only four starts at Texas and lost his starting job to freshman Jason Hall in 2014. He appeared in 12 games as a reserve last season but wasn't credited with a single tackle. He has one career interception.

But even though Colbert wasn't an impact player for the Longhorns, UM is desperate for depth at both safety and cornerback. If he enrolls, he would have a chance to crack Miami's top four at safety, alongside Jamal Carter, Rayshawn Jenkins and Jaquan Johnson. Robert Knowles and three freshmen summer arrivals (Cedrick Wright, Jeff James and Romeo Finley) also will be competing for playing time.

Colbert, who has one year of eligibility remaining, was rated a four-star prospect and the fifth-best safety in the 2012 class by 247sports. Rivals thought slightly less of him as a Texas prep prospect, rating him a three-star prospect and the No. 24 safety.

"Let's see what the U is all about this weekend," Colbert tweeted, before retweeting several friends who are under the impression that he's going to be a Hurricane.

Last week, UM brought in JC receiver Dayall Harris, and he immediately joined the program. UM has been seeking veteran help at receiver, cornerback and safety because of shaky depth at each of those positions.

So he would rather lose with his players than win with better players from the previous coaching staff?

Try not to be an insipid drip. It's not a conscious decision where he said, "You know what? I'd rather lose with my freshmans than win with Mack's guys."

Dumb *** coaches do this **** all the time. They think their guys are better than the guys they inherited. They also use those old players as scapegoats for a "bad culture" that they need several years to fix.

Learn to think critically if your brain capacity allows for something broader than "So you're saying he intentionally wanted to lose?".

Try not to be an insipid drip. It's not a conscious decision where he said, "You know what? I'd rather lose with my freshmans than win with Mack's guys."

Dumb *** coaches do this **** all the time. They think their guys are better than the guys they inherited. They also use those old players as scapegoats for a "bad culture" that they need several years to fix.

Learn to think critically if your brain capacity allows for something broader than "So you're saying he intentionally wanted to lose?".

ZoRne gonna ZoRne....

Advertisement
Back