Jamal Carter 40 time????

Canesince91

Sophomore
How fast is he really? I think he would benefit adding a little bit more weight and becoming a WILL backer.

Advertisement
He's about a mid 4.6 guy...needs to play down hill more..need a creative dc that can capitalize on his strengths..(heat seeking hitting).. Is not a lb based on his frame

He's about a mid 4.6 guy...needs to play down hill more..need a creative dc that can capitalize on his strengths..(heat seeking hitting).. Is not a lb based on his frame

You don't think? think he would excel there in a 4-3 scheme. I do like how we have him playing there on obvious down situations getting the best athletes on the field.

A forty time is a measure og your first step. And for a box safety it is **** near irrelevant.

But guys have to stop thinking of players line this is Madden. Like Gogeta said a good creative DC could use him to cause havoc underneath. Blitzing,Run and pass and flats, hook, and curl zones

Advertisement
A forty time is a measure og your first step. And for a box safety it is **** near irrelevant.

But guys have to stop thinking of players line this is Madden. Like Gogeta said a good creative DC could use him to cause havoc underneath. Blitzing,Run and pass and flats, hook, and curl zones

He's an attached player. In other words...a LB/rover

Kid is a player with some good set of skills... He provides decent coverage in man-to-man situations from my review.

However, from time-to-time he can be tricked in Zone Coverage. Also, he can get too excited in open field tackling situations...meaning, he takes bad angles at times trying to do someone else's job, which leaves his alley wide open; then when that ball carrier bounces outside, Carter he gets caught in traffic...and out of position.

Simply gotta know when to break-down and make the simple tackle, and know when to go for the big hit!

Dono has stated our best safety ever at the "U" ran a 4.68 forty...That's one reason he only has a few games left to coach...

Advertisement
He reminds me of Alec Ogletree and Ray Ray Armstrong.. He should be used at lb.. his physicality and speed would be used better there.. ball skills and instincts not there for safety..

Advertisement

A 40 time is a measure of your first step? Wouldn't that be better indicated by the 10 split and the shuttle? Jamal strikes me as a guy who struggles a bit with short area quickness and changing direction.

A 40 time is a measure of your first step? Wouldn't that be better indicated by the 10 split and the shuttle? Jamal strikes me as a guy who struggles a bit with short area quickness and changing direction.

He needs time to get up to that 4.6 speed. But he's explosive and has some good COD.

In my opinion, he looks slower than he his because these god**** coaches have him thinking before acting.

That, in itself, will keep him from playing on Sundays.

There's an obscene amount of "athletes" not playing in the NFL because they can't play fast and deal w/ the complexity.

He'll walk down the same path.

I say first step because the difference between a 4.3 and a 4.5 is a step.

Not the best term maybe. But there are also different kinds of runners.

Some guys hit top speed quickly. Some take time to get going. Some just get faster the longer the distance.

My point was that the waythe 40 time and "interchangeable" positions in the 4-3 were being floated carelessly like Madden.

People seem to come across as follows
"He runs a 4.5 40?" "Too slow his speed is an 85 at Safety, but he would kill at OLB because hes too fast to be stopped."

Forgetting that the kid is like 195-203 lbs and at LB wound be wrestling bear sized linemen...

Advertisement
He is listed at 210 and looks around 215 IMO. He seems to have gained weight during the season which seems odd, but he looked huge last game. I was down by the field in the first few rows and was shocked at how much bigger he looked than the other dbs.

Advertisement
Back