The Work 10-30 (Coaching Search)

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
TheWork.jpg

**Yesterday, a tweet emerged saying Butch Davis was at the Biltmore having drinks with Jackson Health CEO Carlos Migoya. It is unsure what role Migoya has in the coaching search, but a source tells me that Migoya had lunch with Mario Cristobal today at Christy’s in the Gables. It is entirely possible that Migoya is serving as some sort of middleman in the process. Cristobal was in Miami today recruiting.

Butch Davis/Migoya tweet –
https://twitter.com/doug_hanks/status/659859104425484289

**Also of note, I found this article in the Miami Herald, where Migoya is endorsing Julio Frenk as Miami President. - Migoya: Welcome, Dr. Frenk | Miami Herald

**Sources close to Cristobal indicate that he already has an idea of who he would include on his staff. James Coley would be retained most likely. Bama DB Coach Mel Tucker would be a frontrunner to become defensive coordinator. Marshall OL coach Alex Mirabal would replace Kehoe.

**Do not count out Cristobal on being part of Rob Chudzinski’s staff if Chud is the guy. Mario’s brother, Luis, was Chud’s roommate at Miami and the families are close.

**I can also confirm the reports that Charlie Strong does have interest in this job. Sources close to his agent Jimmy Sexton say that Strong may not be all that happy in Texas. Interestingly enough, Dennis Dodd wrote last week that power agent Jimmy Sexton would love to get one of his clients in this race. Scroll to the section on Mark Stoops –
Greg Schiano leads 12 candidates to replace Al Golden at Miami - CBSSports.com

Advertisement
"Sources close to Cristobal indicate that he already has an idea of who he would include on his staff. James Coley would be retained most likely."

Yh please keep away Mario Cristobal the f*** away from my football team.

Advertisement
Thanks Pete!

Any more word on if feelings have changed much toward Butch at the Hecht/BOT?

As far as Wario...a report came out that Miami wanted an established head coach. Is there truth to that...and if so, why is Wario being considered?

Keeping Coley would be no good...Tucker...no thanks

retaining coley isn't intriguing and bama's secondary has been worse the past two years compared to the championship run and that' with all 5 and 4 stars

Advertisement
**Sources close to Cristobal indicate that he already has an idea of who he would include on his staff. James Coley would be retained most likely. Bama DB Coach Mel Tucker would be a frontrunner to become defensive coordinator. Marshall OL coach Alex Mirabal would replace Kehoe.
pyle+opening+of+the+mouth.jpg

Pete...

Your update started of strong with the coach Davis news.....

But Declined Rapidly After That.....

I SEE WHAT YOU DID RIGHT THERE.....

Peruche

Advertisement
I'm starting to like Chud ( want Butch) both will build a staff of great football coaches.
again I want Butch as coach.
But out of Stoops ( not the worst), Strong ( not sure what's up at Texas, but beat our *** at L-vile), Mario ( not enough HC experience), Shula ( worst).

That was one of the most depressing reports I have ever seen....If this is what we are supposed to look forward to then please just fold the program. Absolutely pathetic.

Advertisement
Cristobal and Coley are worse than Golden and Coley and Golden was the worst head coach in the league. These people find new ways to make themselves look inept and retarded every chance they get. Cristobal shouldn't even appear in the conversation.

Man Pete knows how to get most of you guys hook, line and sinker. So many of you battered wives are praying Cristobal gets the job so you can continue your daily *****ing/banner flying

How long after the announcement would we have an official fire Mario Cristobal thread up?

Advertisement
Back