Robert Burns leader of Squad 17

Golden Era

i mean Richt Era
Robert Burns
‏@RobertBurns_
#BringGreeneHome 🙌
B-98OvwVIAAEldd.jpg

This kid is really well respected down here. He's recruiting players on twitter constantly, and whenever a kid commits he welcomes them to the Squad.

Robert Burns ‏@RobertBurns_ Feb 28
@TheyEnvyWayne I'm glad you join the Fam #Squad17

Robert Burns @RobertBurns_ · Feb 27
@Nosackzone___ welcome to the squad! 🙌

Kid is special on and off the field.

Advertisement
I was thinkin this same thing yesterday. I saw a pic of him talking to Edgerrin James and thought how smart it would be to try and position one of the recruits this way...bestow some leadership on him already. Its like adding a recruiter!

I was thinkin this same thing yesterday. I saw a pic of him talking to Edgerrin James and thought how smart it would be to try and position one of the recruits this way...bestow some leadership on him already. Its like adding a recruiter!

Exactly right early commitments often are extra recruiters.

B-9A6PLW8AANolR.jpg

Advertisement
We continue to get really good kids. Anyone paying attention knows our problems have not been and are not with the players. It is the horrible leadership from BOT to HC that has caused our failures. Name one program that spontaneously started winning without a serous upgrade in coaching. At Miami a decent coach with visions of NFL HC in his head means another period of domination.

Advertisement
Sorry but...Sam Bruce

I can see what you're saying. When bruce committed kid was talking about being a leader bringing us back etc. But i haven't seen him congratulating kids like Burns is for joining the family. Burns is being vocal in his recruitment of players didn't see that from Bruce if i'm totally honest.

Difference between Bruce and Burns from what I hear Bruce is a follower..havent heard such about Burns

Long way to go but I think about 80% + of the 16 and 17 class genuinely wants to revive the program

One reason is because how poppin the city was when they were just kids/babies..they understand if they bring the glory back home they'll be apart of that lore

Advertisement
Difference between Bruce and Burns from what I hear Bruce is a follower..havent heard such about Burns

Long way to go but I think about 80% + of the 16 and 17 class genuinely wants to revive the program

One reason is because how poppin the city was when they were just kids/babies..they understand if they bring the glory back home they'll be apart of that lore

Now Bruce is a follower? Come on bud

Now Bruce is a follower? Come on bud

He is just like Lane...he will be up there with Scarlette

This is from my prospective but ever since Scarlett committed to UF the weeks after from Bruce has been very quiet. i know he is nursing an injury but on twitter he was very vocal about being a hurricane. now he doesnt say anything. from what i seen we have about 10 recruits at the Miami NFTC he didnt take any pic with any of them. none of the recruits even mention sam bruce. to me he is disassociating himself from this class quietly. the bottom line is he really wanted to play with Scarlett whom he called his brother. but i hope Sam Bruce does whats good for him like all his "Brothers"did whats good for them. Boyce went to Duke, Scarlett with the UF with his GF was the rumor, Causey went to UCF, they all did what they have to do. i just hope he makes a man decision and stick it out with us because this is what he wanted. all of S fl to come together and win championships.

Advertisement

Too bad these kids haven't seen what winning in Miami could look like. This city loves stars, win a NC for your this city and you will be all over Sportscenter... now imagine walking into Liv after your face was plastered on ESPN for 48 hours. Nobody will turn those kids away.

It's premature to say anything like that yet about Bruce at this moment.

As he was just making some subliminal comments to some 2017 kids about joining Miami today.

Due to the season we just came off, I do have my concerns with Bruce as he is a very smart kid and will choose what he feels will give him his best opportunity.

Win games and we don't have to worry about things like this.

Right now he's committed to Miami so I'm concerned with keeping him in this class.

Advertisement
Back