Allen Hurns.

Advertisement
Yeah, by all accounts, he has had a great camp so far. To me it's just an extension of his season here last year. Rooting for him to not only make the team but make an impact. GO CANES

If this man's whole career is going to be broadcast on this board like this, then there are going to be and awful lot of "Allen Hurns" threads to clean up in 10 years.

He's gonna make it in the league, Always said it, Still shocked he didn't get drafted either. Hard worker and all for the team. Had good measurables too. Maybe his constant injuries till his senior year killed his stock. Cause by all accounts, Hurns was a stud when healthy and that was evident this past season. You don't just break records here for nothing.

Advertisement
Here are the combine results for two NFL players:

Player A: 4.77 40YD, 12 Bench Reps, 28.6-inch Vert., 110-inch Broad Jump

Player B: 4.55 40YD, 14 Bench Reps, 31-inch Vert., 120-inch Broad Jump.

Player A is Jarvis Landry, Player B is Hurns. Landry went in the 2nd Round. Hurns went undrafted.

Now I know there is plenty that goes into the evaluation of a player during the draft, and I'm not trying to discredit Landry by any means, but given Hurns combine numbers, the skills he displayed at UM, and the great career he put together here, I'm still shocked he wasn't drafted. Jacksonville got a steal.

Player A is Jarvis Landry, Player B is Hurns. Landry went in the 2nd Round. Hurns went undrafted.

Now I know there is plenty that goes into the evaluation of a player during the draft, and I'm not trying to discredit Landry by any means, but given Hurns combine numbers, the skills he displayed at UM, and the great career he put together here, I'm still shocked he wasn't drafted. Jacksonville got a steal.

This, agreed. Feel like it's even more fuel for Hurns. IMO could end up being one of those guys they talk about in the next few years as biggest draft steal and how the **** did he not get drafted kind of guy.

Hank has continued to make progress too. A lot of Redskins fans see it in him. If the QB play is right, I expect Hank to go off.

Got Hurns in the league now too.

I know Santana on the end of his career, not what he once was.

Still got Reggie and Andre.

Benjamin making noise for the Browns too.

Phillip and Coley are on their way too. And maybe even Waters and Lewis in a few years.

Not including any current freshman yet.

Gotta uphold the WR U legacy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hurns probably got medical red flagged for something. Those teams do some crazy in-depth physicals. Didn't he have multiple shoulder injuries? Can't remember what the injury was, but it nagged him for a couple of years.

Hurns probably got medical red flagged for something. Those teams do some crazy in-depth physicals. Didn't he have multiple shoulder injuries? Can't remember what the injury was, but it nagged him for a couple of years.

Yup was on and off the field during his sophomore and junior years. Which allowed for Streeter to get more touches during his sophomore year and Dorsett and Scott during his junior year. But when healthy, Allen was a good one. He showed it all last year when he was finally healthy.

That's what I'm thinking, The injuries.

Same went for Lamar Miller. he was a locked in first rounder before they had brought up the frequent injury concerns. He was considered second best RB prospect that year behind Richardson from Bama.

not to mention burns was more productive in college

Advertisement
Think Jacksonville blessed to have Hurns and Marqise Lee especially after the **** that's happened with Blackmon for them.

Advertisement

TBF, Landry pulled his hamstring during the combine. He later ran a 4.5 at his pro day. He was drafted in the 2nd because although he's slow, he runs good routes and is reliable. I'm only stanning for him because the Dolphins drafted him :D

Hurns wasn't drafted because he lacked that athleticism that the other receivers in the draft had imo. He's still going to beast though.

Advertisement
Back