Jamal Carter to LB?

SamBruceMyBabyDaddy

Redshirt Freshman
Call me crazy but if Armbrister/Grace/Kirby are not getting it done at OLB; I would like to see Jamal get a look there in the nickel package. I mean if you're gonna put Grace in there at 6'1 210 you might as well let Carter roll at 6'1 207.

Also, if AQM isn't ready to be a every down DE i would let him compete at LB too. I believe thats what BAMA and ND were recruiting him for anyways(I know they run 3-4). For those of you who say he can't cover (Can any of our backers cover?) all we do is sit in zone and I don't see Thurston getting any pick 6's anytime soon.

Of course, all of this is probably wayyyyyyyy to out of the box for Al/D'nofrio. I'm not bashing either but the proof is in the game day film. When you bring in the same 2 speed rush DE's (AQM and Tyriq) on every 3rd and 5 or more and do the exact same stunt......... and expect me to believe thats the only thing they're capable of doing....... you're selling yourself, the players, and the fan base short.

Either way I'll be behind my Canes 1000% no matter what come 1 Sept when we kick that Cardinal ***!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not saying make LB his position. I'M JUST SUGGESTING HE PLAY THERE SOME WHEN WE GO NICKEL. Actually, do we even have a nickel package? Not bashing but Shayon Green did cover a lot of slot Wr's last season.

I'm not saying make LB his position. I'M JUST SUGGESTING HE PLAY THERE SOME WHEN WE GO NICKEL. Actually, do we even have a nickel package? Not bashing but Shayon Green did cover a lot of slot Wr's last season.

Well I mean are you saying to have him play the nickel cb spot, or bring him in for a lb, and also bring in a cb? I'm sure we will do the latter. I mean we got a lot of Safeties and few LB's (well at least ones that are proven). I mean I wouldn't be suprised to see Bush, Jenkins, Crawford and Carter all on the field together on some downs, with 4 DLinemen, Perryman, and 2 Cbs...

Advertisement
Advertisement
LB. We're on the same page buddy. We should meet and do this together.....
GIFSoup

297.gif

Advertisement
Carter a safety all the way. If the hype is real, which I believe in it. Carter will be a savage.

Advertisement
Back